Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rippling River

Posted by mikesc 8 (My Page) on
Sat, May 9, 09 at 13:06

Rippling River opened today, three blooms. WOW! This iris is stunning. I must say that this is as pretty as any blue I've seen. This is the fun part for me--seeing new flowers for yourself, as opposed to pics online or in catalogs. Sometimes you're disappointed, others you're blown away!

Mike in SC Zone 8

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rippling River

It is nice.

o

Hmmm, I can't see it from here. Can you post a photo? I know it won't be the same, but still...

Renee

o

It really is a beautiful color. Wish my bloomed more than every other year. I would like to see a picture also. :)

Shadow

o

I hadn't posted any pics b/c I found out a couple of months back that someone had copied quite a few of my photos that I'd posted over the years without my permission and was selling them on his web site. The copyright notices had just been sliced off the pictures it seems. What kind of creep does this?

The photoshop software that I have doesn't have a way for me to watermark the photos (not that I've discovered, at least)

o

I think that is terrible. Is there anything you can do about it? We will really miss your pictures. Can you say what web site it is so that I can check and see if any of mine are on there? If not, that is okay. Really sorry to hear.

Shadow

o

Shadow,
His name was Millette; he was (is) up in Canada. When he started getting angry e-mails, he took them off of his site. Of course, who is to know if or when he will put them back up again or on a different site.

I know that he took some photos from various people who post on Dave's Garden site. If you do a search for Millette and Iris on Google, you might be able to find it. From what I recall, the site remained as it had been, except for the removal of those iris photos. I seem to remember that he had taken numerous daylily pictures as well.

Mike

o

You know, people really can be such jerks...Im sorry I never got to see your pics, but I feel you on not wanting your pictures stolen!!!!! Heres a link for free watermarking of pictures...-Cassie

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Watermarking software

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here