Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Florentine Silk

Posted by kprp 7a (My Page) on
Thu, May 21, 09 at 13:12

Yesterday evening I was blown away by "Florentine Silk" a Keppel 2005 introduction.

I planted it new last year.

I had seen the first flower open earlier in the week, in the day time. I thought it was pretty but not much different in color from Poem of Ecstacy.

But last night--super Yowza! Was it the evening light that is softer? The blooms were lightly faded, and what's fascinating is that the falls seem to fade unevenly giving a look of depth to the bloom.

It was that uneven color of the falls but the fully developed frills (the first one open didn't have all of th frills) that made this spectacular.

Also, the falls have a slight ring of pink, very subtle.

It's short. Wonder if it gets taller? but anyway--wow! This is essential for those who like pastels and pink/blues.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Florentine Silk

Thank you for your endorsement. I love the way pastel pinks and lavs/blues compliment the bluey green foliage color.

o

I (normally) don't like pastels or pinks, but FS has been on my wishlist for some time. I'm sorry to hear it's short, but I'm glad to hear it's that impressive in person.

o

I have been salivating over that iris for a while now. I'm glad to hear it is so beautiful.
Renee

o

I ordered Florentine Silk this year to plant in July. Glad to hear that it is a stunner.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here