Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unknown Iris - Extra Early

Posted by penelope Z6 KY (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 11 at 13:16

I've been doing research and have several Iris that I can't ID. Any suggestions would be great!

Sorry that some of the pictures aren't that great - between the rains, winds and flooding, I'm just glad to have a few pictures.

Thanks in advance,
Penny
Dwarf EE
Dwarf Dark Purple - ??'Hoodlum' ?? 'Michael Paul'

IB on hill

IB ???

OF Buff/Yellow

OF Buff/Yellow

Old Fashioned:buff/yellow, 26", almost a white strip from center. Veins, orange beard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unknown Iris - Extra Early

check out Tiffanja for the old yellow plicata

o

Thanks for the lead Irisrover. I think that I have a paler flower than Tiffanja. It's is also only 26" tall. Maybe it just need more sun and to be divided. The year is about right based on where this group of iris came from.

Penny

o

Not Michael Paul

o

I think your first one looks like mine, which I think is Cherry Garden, but am not sure.

o

Brenda,
Cherry Garden is a close match. The picture I pulled up was darker - but it is the closest so far.

Thanks!

o

Not Hoodlum, here is mine, not a great pic, but there is some white veining around the beard
Hoodlum

o

Number two looks like Honey Glazed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here