Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kprp_gw

Big brag. Just humor me, please and let me. crow

kprp
14 years ago

I've just gotta brag on my iris. They are HUGE! Some of the flower heads are enormous! The stalks are thick, some too big to fit into a wine bottle (for showing!!!)

The reason this is such a big deal is because for years I watched and waited for iris to bloom, sometimes having decent results, some not. But in 2005 I bouhgt a little place nearby and chopped down all of the trees (they were junky stinkweed trees) and I prepared garden beds in a thorough way: mixing in organic matter & sand, with the clay. I relaly WORKED on those bloodly beds!

And now I am rewarded with iris that bloom every year without fail and they look great. They ar ein full sun. They love that! They also get top dressed each year with compost.

My iris are such strong growers that some need division every two years. I am having to plant them further apart.

Now, I'm not saying that bad stuff doesn't happen. I had a few instances of rot this year that took me by surprise. But all in all, the setting for these iris is surperb and they are doing very very well.

If I know how to post photos, I would. Can't guarantee I'll learn that this year.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio