Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

A few more pictures from this morning

Nancy
12 years ago

I ran out between the rain storms & got some pictures. Everything is drenched!

Rita, are you looking!

Bewitching Hour, nice big flower!

The first bloom didn't come from the top of the stalk, but the bottom flower, I just couldn't get a good angle at the flower

{{gwi:1021733}}

Magheralin, another nice big ruffley flower

{{gwi:1021734}}

Social Graces, not a big flower as the other two, but very nice shape

{{gwi:1021735}}

Comments (12)

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Social Graces is a pretty thing! Can we see a bit more of your garden? I am trying to squint past Bewitching Hour to see the rest of the bed, but the iris is in my way!

Renee

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

I am looking :-)) I am certainly looking. It was certainly worth running out between the rains to get these pictures :-))

I just love, love that color on Magheralin. Bewitching Hour looks great too. Social Graces has lovely color and ruffles. Great blooms today. Makes me want to go out and take pictures of my iris. Oh wait, I can't, they are not blooming yet LOL!

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

Looking at OrganicKitten's 'jewel tone' colored iris reminded me of Social Graces and here it is!! Magheralin looks as tho it woould blend right in. Thanks for posting these great pics.

• genielady
    12 years ago

I love these colors! Where did you originally purchase them? I want some! All I have are white right now.

• Nancy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I believe the 1st 2 originally came from Rockytop Gardens. I purchased the last one from our local iris society sale. I love our iris sales. Most of the iris aren't the newest introductions, but I was surprised last year when I got a few iris that were 2008 introductions. It usually takes a few years for the iris to multiply enough to divide like that. I take it as a sign that it is a good iris. You know from local sales what grows well for your area, & they are usually cheap. Sales at ours are $3 ea, & they give bonus plants. The drawback is they aren't nearly as big as those you get at Schreiners & some of the other places, those can be huge. You also can get advice from the person who actually grows it. You really should check if there is an iris society where you are.

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Genielady, Click on the link at Brighton Park Irises below and there is a list of commercial iris growers with descriptions. Get ready for some real eye-candy.
    renee

Here is a link that might be useful: List of iris growers

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

They are really gorgeous ngraham, I love them all, and they would indeed fit right into my gardn...if I had any room.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

There are so many places to buy iris on line. My favorite is Schreiners.

Here is a link that might be useful: Schreiners Iris

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Bewitching Hour and Magheralin are both Rockytop intros.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rockytop Iris

• User
    12 years ago

I am really enjoying your iris photos. In fact lurking here last year made me order a few iris last fall. They have a few blooms that will be opening very soon. Can't wait to see them! Nancy you mentioned a local iris society. I am in central Kentucky but I doubt there are any close to me since I am in a rural area.

Sue

• Nancy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sue, if you ever come to Bowling Green, they have their iris sale in mid July. You can count on it being the hottest day of the year :)

• User
    12 years ago

My daughter lives in Bowling Green, at least for now. They are planning to move out of state if they can get the jobs they have applied for. She has been there about 10 years but she is not into gardening at all. Is the sale open to the public? Is it in connection with a flower show? Would love to know the dates.
    Sue

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations