Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted Peach Iris

Posted by lovesangels 7 (My Page) on
Wed, May 22, 13 at 13:30

I would love to have a few peach colored Iris, the names dont mean as much to me as the color, will pay postage, or crochet you a doily,

Thanks
lovesangels
Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted Peach Iris

You say names don't mean much, but I think you need a "Beverly Sills". This is an award winning peach-pink iris. It's very popular, and you might find someone in the forum who can help you. Or you can shop for one online. Just "google" .... beverly sills iris......and see what comes up....you should get some pix or images. You can take it from there. Good luck.

o

Here is a picture of Beverly Sills Iris. If you can wait next summer, late July 2014, I may have some to give you if you are willing to pay for postage.

Karen

o

Donna: I have a peach colored iris. It's done blooming for this year. But If you can wait until next year I'll be glad to send some to you and you pay postage. Keep in touch to keep me reminded. pem.cornell@insightbb.com Pembroke

o

I have been trying to grow a peach iris ever since I can remember. I still don't have one!!!!! I think I bought a few but for some reason they never took or, or died, or didn't bloom. I can't remember all the reasons they failed. Am I doomed to NEVER have a peach iris???

If you/anyone has a rhizome to spare, I would gladly pay postage or trade. I have a lot of blues, purples, deep yellow, tons of white with slight yellow center. but not ONE peach!!!

o

I have lots of this one I will be digging to thin soon. You can have all you want for postage. LMK

o

I would love some. Maybe we can trade. I have tons of purple and bright solid yellow. I am looking for peach and pink.

Just found a new one, a very dark maroon, in my "auxiliary" iris bed. Can I email you my address?

o

Now I remember, I did have a Beverly Sills, but for some reason it died. Are they very hardy? prolific?

Anyone buy from "iris warehouse". Seems a lot of their iris are half price? That's very temping.

Attaching another picture of my dark maroon iris. Hope no one minds

o

Also have lots of this one!

This post was edited by aquawise on Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 10:43

o

Steelskies, I have never bought from them, but I would not say their irises are half-price. They sell Brazilian Holiday for 6.00, and so does Iris4u, and Blue J sells it for 4.50. Rare Treat- Iris Warehouse 7.00, Blue J 4.50, and Iris4u 6.00. So their prices are competitive, but not great. Older irises cost less, and newer intros cost more, and it appears that they do not specialize in newer irises, so their prices appear to be cheaper. A place like Napa Country might look more expensive because they offer newer varieties. So it's a good idea to compare apples to apples. That said, irises are a bargain!
Renee

o

Got lots of these little peach ones as well

o

Just came across this and see that someone has already mentioned Beverly Sills. I just got one a month ago (so am useless for trading right now) because I couldn't resist the fragrance! It's wonderful on all levels.

o

I've had Beverly Sills before and for some reason they never made it. Think I give up on that one. Thanks, enjoy the scent while you can. Mine are all done, and most of my peonies too , but I have just a couple pink ones left and they smell heavenly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here