Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovesangelsnv_gw

wanted Peach Iris

lovesangels
10 years ago

I would love to have a few peach colored Iris, the names dont mean as much to me as the color, will pay postage, or crochet you a doily,

Thanks
lovesangels
Donna

Comments (12)

• jmcdmd
    10 years ago

You say names don't mean much, but I think you need a "Beverly Sills". This is an award winning peach-pink iris. It's very popular, and you might find someone in the forum who can help you. Or you can shop for one online. Just "google" .... beverly sills iris......and see what comes up....you should get some pix or images. You can take it from there. Good luck.

• KarenPA_6b
    10 years ago

Here is a picture of Beverly Sills Iris. If you can wait next summer, late July 2014, I may have some to give you if you are willing to pay for postage.

Karen

• pembroke
    10 years ago

Donna: I have a peach colored iris. It's done blooming for this year. But If you can wait until next year I'll be glad to send some to you and you pay postage. Keep in touch to keep me reminded. pem.cornell@insightbb.com Pembroke

• steelskies
    10 years ago

I have been trying to grow a peach iris ever since I can remember. I still don't have one!!!!! I think I bought a few but for some reason they never took or, or died, or didn't bloom. I can't remember all the reasons they failed. Am I doomed to NEVER have a peach iris???

If you/anyone has a rhizome to spare, I would gladly pay postage or trade. I have a lot of blues, purples, deep yellow, tons of white with slight yellow center. but not ONE peach!!!

• aquawise
    10 years ago

I have lots of this one I will be digging to thin soon. You can have all you want for postage. LMK

• steelskies
    10 years ago

I would love some. Maybe we can trade. I have tons of purple and bright solid yellow. I am looking for peach and pink.

Just found a new one, a very dark maroon, in my "auxiliary" iris bed. Can I email you my address?

• steelskies
    10 years ago

Now I remember, I did have a Beverly Sills, but for some reason it died. Are they very hardy? prolific?

Anyone buy from "iris warehouse". Seems a lot of their iris are half price? That's very temping.

Attaching another picture of my dark maroon iris. Hope no one minds

• aquawise
    10 years ago

Also have lots of this one!

This post was edited by aquawise on Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 10:43

• hosenemesis
    10 years ago

Steelskies, I have never bought from them, but I would not say their irises are half-price. They sell Brazilian Holiday for 6.00, and so does Iris4u, and Blue J sells it for 4.50. Rare Treat- Iris Warehouse 7.00, Blue J 4.50, and Iris4u 6.00. So their prices are competitive, but not great. Older irises cost less, and newer intros cost more, and it appears that they do not specialize in newer irises, so their prices appear to be cheaper. A place like Napa Country might look more expensive because they offer newer varieties. So it's a good idea to compare apples to apples. That said, irises are a bargain!
    Renee

• aquawise
    10 years ago

Got lots of these little peach ones as well

• rigelcaj
    10 years ago

Just came across this and see that someone has already mentioned Beverly Sills. I just got one a month ago (so am useless for trading right now) because I couldn't resist the fragrance! It's wonderful on all levels.

• steelskies
    10 years ago

I've had Beverly Sills before and for some reason they never made it. Think I give up on that one. Thanks, enjoy the scent while you can. Mine are all done, and most of my peonies too , but I have just a couple pink ones left and they smell heavenly.

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus