Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunday's Pictures in the new backyard iris bed

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Sun, May 22, 11 at 13:45

All these iris are in the top backyard bed that I did last summer and all new iris that are blooming for the first time this year.

Photobucket

Golden Panter trio.

Photobucket

Brilliance

Photobucket

Starblaze

Photobucket

Abbondonza

Photobucket

For Lovers Only

Photobucket

For Lovers only with yellow Dutch Iris

Photobucket

Backyard bed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunday's Pictures in the new backyard iris bed

Beautiful, Rita,

I love Starblaze...such a lovely color, but Golden Panther takes the cake! They are all mouth-watering, though.
kay

o

I can see this year just with the small amount of bloom there first year that this iris bed will be just stunning given time. The entire middle backyard that I made last year out of what used to be my veggie garden has just turned out so well. I have all those daylily sections, some with new ones and the late bloomers section that I moved over to the back. Then I just added lilies this spring. And I had spring bulbs in there and intend to add more this fall. The Dutch Iris section has lots of bloom stalks so should be lovely.

The entire thing has turned out well even if I was complaining this spring that the iris section wasn't growing. It is doing better than I first thought and the Dutch Iris in there do add lots of color.

o

Some real showstoppers here, I should just stop looking. I love the dark iris, but these are just so bright, I really like each one. The last picture of the garden is just lovely.

o

There are Dutch Iris planted between the TB Iris rhizomes and that really helps give it more color. Next year it should really look good.

o

I love Abbondonza, it looks great with those yellow and white dutch irises. I also love your view.
Renee

o

• Posted by chadinlg zone 9%3B Sunset 15 (My Page) on
    Mon, May 23, 11 at 13:13

From your picture I can see why Golden Panther is so popular. For me it has always been small.

o

Golden Panter is gorgeous. My picture doesn't do it justice.

o

I am in iris withdrawal. Although, truth to tell I have three tall beardeds still blooming and it is May 25th and my first one bloomed April 5th. I guess I need to quit whining.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here