Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow/Blue unk TB

Posted by penelope Z6 KY (My Page) on
Mon, May 17, 10 at 13:53

This is the last one of the season. It is somewhat in the shade. May account for the bloom time. Any ideals? Thanks,
Penny
unk Late Iris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow/Blue unk TB

Can't help you ID but it sure is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

o

i would bet that it's Edith Wolford

o

My Edith is still in bloom, although it has been in bloom for about a week. As you say, shade may affect it, & I may be farther south.

o

That's what I thought it was - don't know how I got it. Mislabeled, I guess.

Yes, Nancy, You are about 100 miles south-east of me.

Thanks,
Penny

o

ngraham ~ does your Edith have those plum hafts?

o

Hummm, now that you mention the plum hafts, I went out to double check. Mine does have a bit of plum look, but not nearly as much as these. It has been raining, still drizzling. I don't have a close up picture of mine & could be the rain has altered its look. Here is my picture of Edith, you can tell there is a different color at the hafts.
Edith Wolford

o

Looks just like the Edith that is in my back bed blooming her fool head off right now, would almost bet that is her.
jack

o

I don't get it - I'm in zone six too, but only 2 of my TB have bloomed so far, some only just started making buds.

o

I am in z6 and about halfway through my irises. We have had a cold spring. Also, what is your yard's microclimate? IE, are you at higher elevation? Are you in the bottom of a shady valley? Are you at the northern edge of z6? Are the irises planted in front of a south facing wall, or in an exposed area with the west wind blowing on them? And, are your varieties early or late bloomers?

As long as they look healthy and have buds, don't worry--they will bloom at the right time for your own yard!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here