Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for an ID

Posted by JoppaRich 7b (My Page) on
Fri, May 3, 13 at 13:54

I got a 3 gallon pot of these irises from a nursery that had left a whole bunch of pots out over the winter and lost the tags. They were only $10, and it was chock full o plants, so I said "why not?"

They need to be broken up a bit, but I'm going to wait until after they bloom.

Any ideas on what they are?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for an ID

There's a little bit of white around the beard that you can kind of see in the pictures, but other than that they're all yellow.

o

Here's one of the flower stems:

o

Any ideas?

o

I don't know its name, but it looks like a historic;
you might check Historic Iris Preservation Society (HIPS) photo gallery.

It sure has a rich, luscious, brilliant color!

o

Look at Harvest of Memories for a starter

o

I don't know the name either. Do you think it is a tall bearded iris or an intermediate iris? The flowers look small, but that might be because they are a bit crowded in the pot.
They are a beautiful color.

o

Here's a picture of the beard/fall.

o

Hosenemesis, I'm not sure what size/category they are. Are there particular measurements I can take to tell?

Flowers are definitely smaller than the Batik thats in another pot, but they are more crowded than the Batiks are.

They came in a 3g nursery pot, and they're now in a 14" pot... I just picked up the rootball and dropped it in new soil though, didn't want to break them up and not have them flower this year. There's some space around them in the pot, but the cluster is pretty dense in the middle (and there's violets growing in the dense part).

Aquawise, Harvest of Memories looks pretty close.
http://beautifulflowerpictures.com/Irises/harvest_of_memories_yellow_iris.html

o

Googleing found this: "Blooms in midseason and again in late summer to fall on 36-38" stems. "

They're definitely not that tall... maybe 18-24"? Could crowding cause that, or does that make them a different type?

o

They are a beautifu color.
kay

o

Harvest of Memories definitely has taller foliage than Batik, & tall flower stalks as you say. I would think it would be very possible to be caused by being potted & crowded. Harvest of Memories is a very vigorous plant.
My Harvest
Harvest of Memories photo new067.jpg

o

Acapuloc gold and Arcadia Buttercup are two to have a look at. Both have the little white spot at the end of the beard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here