Oh My Gosh, Look at these

pat_tea
14 years ago

Give me your guesses on id.

{{gwi:1022299}}

Comments (16)

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

Oooh, that gold looks so beautiful with the blue behind it.
    Sorry, no guesses.
    Renee

• happyday
    14 years ago

Whatever they are they are gorgeous. Do they have a fragrance?

• alisande
    14 years ago

They're lovely! Could the second one be Malagueña? Here's a shot of mine:

• madeyna
    14 years ago

I went to Schreiners this weekend and they have one that looks just like your purple. I,ll go back threw my pics and see if I have one of it with a name tag.

• pat_tea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm not sure. I was wondering if it could be one of these.

{{gwi:1022302}}

{{gwi:1022303}}

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

Sorry, no help from me. But I wanted to say that all the iris pictured are just beautiful.

• madeyna
    14 years ago

Check out Baltic Star at Schreiners web sight and see if its the same as your purple one. I saw it there a week or so ago and it looks alot like the one in your picture.

• pat_tea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for your help. It could be Baltic Star. Love Schreiners web sight.

• Virginia
    14 years ago

Maybe the yellow one is Frivolous.

• madeyna
    14 years ago

Schreiners display gardens are open until june 2 and only about a half hour out of Portland.They are right off I 5 and well worth the trip .I went twice last week. They have the most stunning display gardens I have ever seen.

• eroctuse2
    14 years ago

I received my start of 'Baltic Star' directly from the hybridizer and it doesn't look like a match for your first photo to me. Mine has much more white on the falls.

'Baltic Star'
    {{gwi:1022304}}

Yours looks more like 'Superstition' to me. I hope that helps.

'Superstition'
    {{gwi:1022305}}

• pat_tea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for trying. I'm still not sure on either one of them. I missed going to Schreiners this year maybe next. I will order the catelog. This has been a tough few months. Building a house and husband had failed back surgery, much pain. The Iris forum and obsession has kept me from curling up in the corner in fetal position and rocking back and forth! Thanks again. Patti

• madeyna
    14 years ago

Superstition has no white in it at all. I,m sorry about your troubles. Your close to me so mayby we can do a iris swap in a few years. I,ve been ordering heavily from Schreiners for the last two years so should have some to share in another year or two. I almost killed them all this winter when we had the heavy snow I multched them with hay and left it on for way to long. I live in Longview. So very few blooms for me this year .

• pat_tea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Madeyna; I am a member of the Longview Garden Club. Email me and I'll give you details if your interested. I also founded and am President of the Kalma Garden Club. We are an independent club so we don't have to do all the "required projects and fundraising". We just do what ever we want. Great group of people in both clubs. Lots of fun stuff coming up so email me. . . Patti

• SirMatthew
    14 years ago

I really think the first one is Superstition. Here is a picture of one of mine.

• pat_tea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I think your right, thank you.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting