Jurassic Park (new for me)--really liked its color and size:

Photobucket

Perpetual Joy--camera doesn't begin to show how nice this one looks live:

Photobucket

Party's Over:

Photobucket

Secret Rites clump:

Photobucket

And, finally, the loudest frog ever! Does anyone know the species name? They sound like dogs barking!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Bloom Photos to Share

Love those beautiful colors of Fashion Diva. Jurassic Park is a wonderful iris, isn't it? Does really well here too. Perpetual Joy is a lovely color, & I mentioned before how much I like Secret Rites. My favorite here though may be Party's Over, just because i don't think I've seen one like that before. Plenty with yellow standards & purple falls, but not the reverse. Wonder if it is related to Secret Rites, they look a little similar. My VERY favorite photo is your frog, but can't help you as for the species.

o

Party's Over is my very favorite but they are all lovely. Don't know about your frog.

o

the peeps at the NAME THAT PLANT FORUM ... are usually pretty good with creature IDs .. in the alternative.. PEST & DISEASE FORUM ...

let us know back here if you get the ID

ken

o

Your irises are beautiful. My favorite is Fashion Diva followed by Partie's Over and Secret Rites.
I believe your frog is a HYLA CINERA, a green treefrog.
http://wwknapp.home.mindspring.com/docs/green.tfrog.html Marg

o

Thanks--

I get the Bayview catalog by Joe Ghio, and every year he lists irises which he feels are underappreciated. He listed Party's Over one year, and so I bought it. It is very unusual, for sure. Its flowers were a tad bit smaller this year than normal.

Thanks for the info on the frog. Funny story: about three years ago one got into the house and at that point I didn't know what they sounded like. I thought there was a wounded animal or a puppy in my bathroom. I was seriously worried about how I was going to handle that, but as I peaked in and saw nothing I determined that the sound was coming from the toilet and then found the frog under the toilet seat. Trust me: if you ever hear one you won't believe something that little could be that loud! They are cute, though ...

Mike

o

Your Green Treefrog hybridizes with the Barking Treefrog sometimes. Your Green Treefrog has a bell-like call. You could also have the Hyla Gratosia (Barking Treefrog)in your garden, and that may be what you are hearing.
Renee

o

Those are just beautiful! I love your little green friend too!

o
RE: More Bloom Photos to Share & Frog ID

Gotta love the Internet!

I looked up both frogs listed above and listened to audio of each; it's the Hyla Cinerea I'm almost positive. Thanks--
Mike

o

I do like that Fashion Diva. Beautiful clump of Secret Rites. Seems like a cool color that blends well with green foliage.

o

Missed this post last year.

Great picture of 'Party's Over'. Just planted it last month!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here