Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saturday's Iris Pictures part 1

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Sat, May 21, 11 at 14:38

Part two coming later, this is part one.

Photobucket

Temple of Lights. This is a Rockytop intro and a bonus they sent me.

Photobucket

Winter Waltz. Just starting to bloom. Schreiners Iris from two years ago. I think this one will look really nice once the entire clump starts blooming.

Photobucket

Magical Encounter. Another Schreiners Iris bonus. I do really like it, don't have much else going on in pink!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saturday's Iris Pictures part 1

Love Winter Waltz, very nice coloring. My Magical Encounter didn't bloom this year, I think it is my best pink.

o

Photobucket

A better picture of WINTER WALTZ.

Nancy- I had no other pinks so tried to get some last year but most are not blooming. I will see after bloom season if I need more, I think I might.

o

Winter Waltz really is pretty. I have Williamette Mist which has similar coloring, I really love that look. I have a few pinks, but none are really ruffled & fancy. I did get Happenstance, but it hasn't bloomed yet, it may be much better. I think Magical Encounter has the most pink color of any I have.

o

My pinks are all peachy. I like them, but the cooler pinks are really eye-catching.

o

I love Winter Waltz! I have that one too, and it looks lovely next to the deep purples. Temple of Lights is a pretty one too.

If you want pink, consider Happenstance. It was a prolific bloomer, over a long period of time. Schriners has it.
Happenstance

kay

o

It is pretty and you know I want to order from Schreiners. Will see what I have after they all bloom. I need some lighter colors to make all the purples and deep colors pop more.

o

OMG!!!! Happenstance...WOW!!! I am such a newbie gardener, how/what do you feed these irises? My sad yard just does nothing compared to anybody elses...I just don't know about soil amending and feeding. Soooo much to learn!

o

Depending on the soil, very little to no fertilizer and ALWAYS a low nitrogen fertililer. High nitrogen makes for lots of leaves and no blooms. Plant the rhizomes high so that they get sunlight in order to bloom.

o

I just really like WinterWaltz. It is such a lovely soft blue. It really looks blue while so many look purple to me.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here