Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

My irises in bloom link to photos

hosenemesis
14 years ago

Hi all,

Here are a few of my new irises blooming! I got New Leaf, Spin-Off, and Rip City from Schreiner's. Cajun Rhythm and Total Recall were nursery purchases.

http://picasaweb.google.com/renee.fraser/IrisesAprilEarlyMay2009#

Thanks for looking.

Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: Renee's Irises Late April Early May

Comments (14)

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Enjoyed seeing your iris in their garden setting. You've incorporated them beautifully!

Spin-Off is one of my favorites and Cajun Rhythm is on my list.

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

Your garden pathway is so lovely. Geat job with the iris and roses combos.

I love the color of English Charm, it reminds me of orange sherbert. Yummy :-))

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

Your garden is lovely! Beautiful pics. Thank you for posting.
    kay

• mshadow
    14 years ago

Wow, really a beautiful garden. I really like New Leaf. Thank you for sharing your pictures.

Shadow

• terry94705
    14 years ago

Gorgeous garden! I like that parasol idea. We always have a couple of hot days that "melt" iris blooms, and I imagine you have quite a few.

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks. We'll see how long the parasols last- they are made of tissue paper.

I'm so anxious for all of the other new iris to bloom.
    I'm still waiting on Mexican Holiday, Fine Wine, Impressionist, Frequent Flyer, and Starship Enterprise. I may have to wait until next year to see SE, it has just started to grow. I also bought Ruby Slippers before I learned that the teeny irises don't bloom in Socal. I may be shipping her off to a new home on the east coast soon...

• burwoodbelle
    14 years ago

RENEE Maybe you would consider sending me some of your Ruby Slippers I am in TN.I have Tinkerbell and Baby Blessed and they do great.I will send postage.Send me email.

Thanks PAT.

• regattagirl
    14 years ago

Wow. Lovely and very nicely staged. And 'Spin-Off' is the original iris on my want list!

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

Let us know here with an update when your order iris bloom and you add more pictures. I can't wait either :-))

• kprp
    14 years ago

That Cajan one is flashy!

I've got English Charm and NEw LEaf, in fact, I just noticed NEw Leaf blooming well after an absece of some years. I moved man of my iris to sunnier quarters and am being rewarded seeind old friend.

Woud ya'll consider New Leaf a luminata? I do.

• pat_tea
    14 years ago

Renee, I am new here and just got bit by the iris bug. Roses have been my obsession. I love the layout of your garden with the roses and iris cobination. I am a southern ca. transplant to the PNW. When I look at your photo's I can imagine the souther ca. sunshine on my back and the sounds and smells of the garden as I stroll down that beautiful path. Thanks for sharing. Patti

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Renee, just beautiful! Love all your irises, and the way you intermingle them with other plants.

• tabarhodes
    14 years ago

So pretty! Thanks for sharing! I ordered a Cajun Rhythm from BlueJ Iris, I can't wait to get it!

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the compliments. This weekend I went to Greenwood Daylilies and Irises and got Jennifer Rebecca. I can't wait to see it bloom to see what color it really is here. I'm not going to plant it until I see.

Kprp, yes, I think New Leaf is a luminata. It certainly is luminous.

tabarhodes, you will not be disappointed by Cajun Rhythm. It's still blooming. I can't stop taking pictures of it.

I don't think my other new irises will bloom this year. Boo hoo. But the daylilies are all ready to bloom!

Renee

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler