Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My irises in bloom link to photos

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Thu, May 14, 09 at 14:39

Hi all,
Here are a few of my new irises blooming! I got New Leaf, Spin-Off, and Rip City from Schreiner's. Cajun Rhythm and Total Recall were nursery purchases.

http://picasaweb.google.com/renee.fraser/IrisesAprilEarlyMay2009#

Thanks for looking.
Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: Renee's Irises Late April Early May

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My irises in bloom link to photos

Enjoyed seeing your iris in their garden setting. You've incorporated them beautifully!

Spin-Off is one of my favorites and Cajun Rhythm is on my list.

o

Your garden pathway is so lovely. Geat job with the iris and roses combos.

I love the color of English Charm, it reminds me of orange sherbert. Yummy :-))

o

Your garden is lovely! Beautiful pics. Thank you for posting.
kay

o

Wow, really a beautiful garden. I really like New Leaf. Thank you for sharing your pictures.

Shadow

o

Gorgeous garden! I like that parasol idea. We always have a couple of hot days that "melt" iris blooms, and I imagine you have quite a few.

o

Thanks. We'll see how long the parasols last- they are made of tissue paper.

I'm so anxious for all of the other new iris to bloom.
I'm still waiting on Mexican Holiday, Fine Wine, Impressionist, Frequent Flyer, and Starship Enterprise. I may have to wait until next year to see SE, it has just started to grow. I also bought Ruby Slippers before I learned that the teeny irises don't bloom in Socal. I may be shipping her off to a new home on the east coast soon...

o

RENEE Maybe you would consider sending me some of your Ruby Slippers I am in TN.I have Tinkerbell and Baby Blessed and they do great.I will send postage.Send me email.

Thanks PAT.

o

Wow. Lovely and very nicely staged. And 'Spin-Off' is the original iris on my want list!

o

Let us know here with an update when your order iris bloom and you add more pictures. I can't wait either :-))

o

That Cajan one is flashy!

I've got English Charm and NEw LEaf, in fact, I just noticed NEw Leaf blooming well after an absece of some years. I moved man of my iris to sunnier quarters and am being rewarded seeind old friend.

Woud ya'll consider New Leaf a luminata? I do.

o

Renee, I am new here and just got bit by the iris bug. Roses have been my obsession. I love the layout of your garden with the roses and iris cobination. I am a southern ca. transplant to the PNW. When I look at your photo's I can imagine the souther ca. sunshine on my back and the sounds and smells of the garden as I stroll down that beautiful path. Thanks for sharing. Patti

o

Renee, just beautiful! Love all your irises, and the way you intermingle them with other plants.

o

So pretty! Thanks for sharing! I ordered a Cajun Rhythm from BlueJ Iris, I can't wait to get it!

o

Thanks for the compliments. This weekend I went to Greenwood Daylilies and Irises and got Jennifer Rebecca. I can't wait to see it bloom to see what color it really is here. I'm not going to plant it until I see.

Kprp, yes, I think New Leaf is a luminata. It certainly is luminous.

tabarhodes, you will not be disappointed by Cajun Rhythm. It's still blooming. I can't stop taking pictures of it.

I don't think my other new irises will bloom this year. Boo hoo. But the daylilies are all ready to bloom!

Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here