Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New bloomers and the backyard bed.

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 12 at 14:52

Two FFO in the backyard iris bed today. It is really starting to look lovely up there.

Photobucket
GOLDEN PANTHER up in the backyard iris bed. I love the color of this iris.

Photobucket
Next to it is BLUE RISING.

Photobucket
You can see more here.

Photobucket
But better yet here.

I put this bed in 2010 and it really struggled. So I was surprised that I got a fair amount of bloom last year. But it really took off this spring and is loaded with blooms that are yet to open.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New bloomers and the backyard bed.

Love Golden Panther: one of my faves? Is it a good grower for you?

o

Oh yes, The clump has grown like crazy and looks like it gonna bloom like mad.

o

That Golden Panther looks great with the yellow Dutch irises and the light blue iris. What a wonderful color!
Renee

o

I am very pleased with the way it turned out up there the way I put the dutch iris in between the TB. I like the contrast in shapes and the dutch iris are the first ones to bloom in that bed which gets the blooms going slightly earlier than if the TB were their by themselves.

o

Golden Panther is a wonderful color, so pretty. Blue Rising looks like a huge flower. And look at all those buds, that is just amazing. Things look good now, but won't be long before it will be drop dead gorgeous.

o

Things up there in that backyard bed are ready to pop open soon. It is going to be a jumble of color, just the way I like things to be!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here