Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunnyjay_gw

Some Iris Pics

sunnyjay
12 years ago

For all of you that need some rain, believe me, I wish I could send you some of ours! It finally stopped raining here long enough for me to get some pictures so here are the Friday iris blooms (a little beaten up by the rain of course!)

Raspberry Jam:

{{gwi:1023104}}

Cherry Garden:

{{gwi:1023105}}

What Again:

{{gwi:1023106}}

Stitch Witch:

{{gwi:1023108}}

Bantam Prince:

{{gwi:1023110}}

Wind Spinners and Birdhouse:

{{gwi:1023111}}

Herb Pot with Ornaments:

{{gwi:1023112}}

Close-up:

{{gwi:1023113}}

Close-up:

{{gwi:1023114}}

Jump Start:

{{gwi:1023115}}

NOID Dwarf:

{{gwi:1023116}}

NOID Dwarf:

{{gwi:1023117}}

Jason

Comments (12)

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

I think the iris look pretty with the raindrops on them. Goodness knows, I took enought pictures with raindrops on my iris myself but its finially sunny.

Your early iris are pretty, I like the sunny yellow one the very best.

• sunnyjay
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Rita - I love that one too! It sure is bright. I got a few of those last summer for free at our compost centre. Someone didn't want them and just dumped them there. I took them home and planted them not knowing what colour they'd be. Now I know! I'm not sure, but I think the name of it may be MISTER ROBERTS?
    Jason

• Nancy
    12 years ago

I've had the same problem with rain. My very last iris bloom faded yesterday, but we still have rain & it is chilly enough for a jacket today. Strange weather. Had some big storms Thursday afternoon, lots of trees down & damage to houses from heavy winds. Thankfully, no one injured here. I'm getting tired of all the storms! Supposed to be clear & sunny for a while now.

• irinas
    12 years ago

Love, love, love your iris. Raspberry Jam is my fave.

Irina

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

What Again is so pretty in your photo and really glows.
    Renee

• kasimac
    12 years ago

Yeaah! Toyota Rav4!

High five*

• sunnyjay
    Original Author
    12 years ago

HAHAHA.....I've had that car forever!!! It's been a very reliable vehicle!
    Jason

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

I have rescued hosta at the compost bin!!! My fav kind! I just can't believe what people throw away, I am a huge recycler(hubby calls it junk, till he sees the end product). I have been enjoying all your photos! I am just learning how many kinds/types of iris there are, 2 yrs ago I was just happy to have some iris plants given to me, didn't even care what color they were! Like your Garden art! Am always making my own(Can't afford some of the nice stuff I want)

• sunnyjay
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Calamity - I have rescued a ton of things from the compost centre here. People go out there when the heat and humidity is so bad and just leave stuff to compost but when I go out there, I take it home and nurse the stuff back to health and the following year it always rewards me by coming back beautifully. So far I have rescued Tulips, Hyacinths, Grape Hyachinths, Peonies, Irises, Ferns, Hostas and more. If I don't have room for it, I take it over to my friends place and she finds room for it in her garden. I just hate seeing things go to waste!
    Jason

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Those are really pretty little iris, Jason...I especially like the ones in the first and third pictures.
    kay

• marricgardens
    12 years ago

I love Cherry Garden, Bantam Prince and I also like your 'Squash Rock'. I'm planning on changing to shorter iris because it gets to windy here and most of the time the tall bearded get knocked over. Marg

• sunnyjay
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marg - I've never had any problem with any of the shorter iris falling over or breaking off in the wind so if that is what you are going for then the shorter ones would be well suited for you.
    Jason

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting