Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your top 10 iris favorites??

Posted by queenbee_1 7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 16, 10 at 15:24

What would you list as your favorite top 10 iris.. This can be any color, size, shape or var... Just give us your list and WHY you love them...Thanks for playing along..QB

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your top 10 iris favorites??

Difficult but these are the 10. Left out seven, umm, eight

My preferences are domed standards & pastel colors that compliment the foliage color.
On Iris-Photos one man photographed the fall and standard lying side by side. Made me realize proportions contribute significantly to overall look.

Abiqua Falls - want this one for its form and lovely "mid-blue" color; replaces Breakers

Babbling Brook - still my favorite pastel "blue"; form & beauty

Crowned Heads - drop dead stunning deep "blue" over clean white

Lace Artistry - ahhh factor, slightly warm delicate pink

Magharee - wht over gorgeous copper-pink-apricot shades

Navaho Jewel - ahhh factor, beautiful very pastel closet true blue

Rancho Rose - med. bluish pink plicata that combines wonderfully with other colors; no ahhh factor but I'm happy every time I see it

Spring Jade - ahhh facotr; beige over lav-blue with reverse on other sides of petals; understated loveliness

Sweet Musette - the yummiest pink over lav combo

Windwalker - soft lav standards over soft lav plicata falls; so pretty

o

I'd love to see my Crowned Heads bloom.

I also ordered Abiqua Falls.

Nice to see I have good taste! LOL.

I don't think I could name 10.
1) Because I haven't seen that many of the ones I have bloom. 2) if I could pick 10, I wouldn't have 42 already with another 14 on the way for summer deliveries.

Gotta get off the iris crazies!

Actually, the only one I need to get my hands on is Immortality to see if I can get any rebloom.

o

I don't have personal experience with enough irises to have a true top ten list, but I can list my current favorites from photos. I went on an online hunt for blues, since I don't have that color in my garden, so many are blue. These are all chosen on the basis of sheer beauty, and the list changes daily.

1. Walking on Air. My very very favorite.
2. Queen's Circle.
3. Wabash.
4. Magharee.
5. Ruth Black.
6. Freedom Song.
7. Venetian Love.
8. Starship Enterprise
9. Peach Royale
10. Cajun Rhythm.

Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here