Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID of purple iris...

Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
Sat, May 4, 13 at 15:32

Hello, one of my coworkers gave me quite a few of her iris last year and I'm trying to get potential IDs on them. They were all named iris from a lady that sells them here in Knoxville, but she didn't have them labled and forgot which varieties they are. Any ideas? This is the first one to bloom....Thanks :)

Tammy

photo IMG_1511_zps45c58b6e.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID of purple iris...

who was the hybridizer keyword her name you might find it it is historic and a lot of them dont have photos i say compost them and go see tom parkhill over at island home he is across from iams nature center if you like this you will love modern types

o

Arilbred: "i say compost them and go see tom parkhill over at island home he is across from iams nature center . . ."

OMG, I can't believe that response!

o

Any idea what variety this very light Purple Iris is?

Here is a link that might be useful: Purple Irises?

o

It will be very hard to correctly id this iris. There are so many of this coloring. I have one like it and even though I have a list of the irises I bought then, I have been unable to correctly id it. I finally just put it in a corner and just enjoy it as is!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here