Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not Fly With Me, so what it it?

Posted by chemocurl zone 5/6 S INDIANA (My Page) on
Fri, May 7, 10 at 15:40

The pic below is of Double Espoir on the right and an iris I have marked as Fly with Me, On the left, which is clearly wrong.

The iris on the left is shorter, earlier, more vivid, and the bloom is a bit smaller Double Espoir

Both came from Snowpeak, I think. I've been scratching my head on this one for a few springs now, thinking they were 'maybe' the same isis, buy have decided they aren't.

Help me please...and thanks. These are planted side by side in a bed, so their growing conditions are the same.

Not Fly with me with Double espoir on the rt

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not Fly With Me, so what it it?

• Posted by kprp 7a (My Page) on
    Wed, May 12, 10 at 22:25

Can't help, osrry. They both remind me of Insidan Sunrise.

WHYYYYYYYY does there have to be so many similar iris?

o

Judith Andrews is posting her pics at Daves and your picture came to mind.

Act of Kindness - Ghio'02 - has the same picotee edge.

Cherry Blossom Song - Schrein'02 - CalifSue has a picture of a new bloom that greatly resembles your right one. Except other pics show fall edges losing pigment.

Or have you found ids?

o
RE: Double Espoir

Should have re-read your message. Scratch Cherry Blossom!

o

Jazz Festival comes to mind or Jazz up!!

o

Or have you found ids?
No, still looking for one for the pic on the left.

Jazz Festival comes to mind or Jazz up!!

hmmm...Schreiners says Jazz Festival is 40" and mine was not nearly that tall. I'm not finding one called Jazz Up.

They both remind me of Insidan Sunrise.
Am not finding anything by that name. If you mean Indian Sunrise it looks a little like it, but not like a match.

Sue

o

Chemocurl, did you look at Act of Kindness?

o

Chemocurl, did you look at Act of Kindness?
I did just now, and don't think that is it. The falls look streaked on the pics on line, and the falls are not flared as mine are. it also looks like the hafts on mine (on the left now) have white on them.

These ended up being planted side by side in a bed , but well separated so they have not 'run' together. Until this year, I thought I was just confused until I took a good look and saw how different they were.

Sue

o
RE: possibility

Keep it in mind. The old pic at Aitkens showed the falls quite flared. The real tell tale is the standards opening on the mature blooms and yes the pigment streaks then.

Act of Kindness - Ghio
Photobucket

o

Thanks irisgal...I'll keep it in mind next season and try to get more and better pics as well as noting its exact height.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here