Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you ID this tall Iris?

Posted by penelope Z6 KY (My Page) on
Sun, May 9, 10 at 16:06

This is the tallest Iris I think I've ever seen. It came to me in a trade with the name 'Fudge'. I can't find any info on it. Is this the right name? Thanks for your help.
Penny

Tall Iris WS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you ID this tall Iris?

i am nothing more than a novice - just joined the learning curve

with a bit of nervousness - may i venture a guess

i does look like Shannopin

mr toad

o
Response

Thank you Mr. Toad (Love that name) But it looks like Shannopin has lilac-rose falls and mine are more burgundy.

I'll go measure it.

o

It measures in height from 38 - 44".

o

It's very dramatic. It looks great up against your pretty hosta.
Renee

o

Thanks Renee,
This is my 'Garden of Extras'. Things that people gave me or that I traded for on GW in 2007 & 2008. I ran out of room in my beds - so a new quick garden was born. I'll have to say, of all the different gardens I have - this un-planned one may be one of my favorites! Just proves that sometimes we can over-think things.

Penny

o
Possible ID

Could this be 'Picador', 48" EM 1930. It was growing is some shade, that could explain the height only being 44". What do you think? If you think not, please tell me what you're seeing that I can't.

Thanks,
Penny

o

It sure does look like Picador photos I've saved. Veined hafts the right length, colors look right, beard looks right.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here