Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Iris Today (pictures)

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Mon, May 2, 11 at 16:10

Ok. I just could not stand it!!!! All these lovely iris and I have no blooms. I was overcome with iris crazies and took pictures of my iris and blooms to be. I know I'm nuts.

Photobucket

First the Dutch Iris in the backyard. No bloom stalks even showing yet :-(( In case you can't tell they are the tall skinny things in a row along the left.

Photobucket

Siberian Iris in the woodsey part of the front yard near the clematis tower.

Photobucket

Little iris section near the walkway to the street. TB iris in the semi circle inside.

Photobucket

Siberian Iris planted along the outside of the semi circle.

Photobucket

Along by by neighbors driveway I have a TB iris section alongside roses to the left and Lilies to the top.

Photobucket

Closer. These iris were planted not last year but the year before and will most certainly need to be divided after bloom.

Photobucket

A part of Iris row TB iris in the backyard. You can also get a great view of my kitchen door and my viola planters. And you can see my sideyard and driveway complete with my two mini vans LOL!

Photobucket

See stalks? They are there!

Photobucket

The new TB iris bed I put in last summer.

Photobucket

Lillies, daylilies and TB iris that provide so much bloom later in the season.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Iris Today (pictures)

nothing like the excitement of waiting

post many photos when all are in bloom

mr toad

o

WOW Rita it all looks sooo good. Buds or no buds!! Your pictures are going to be awesome when it all starts blooming. Can't wait!! I know you can't either!! Judy

o

You have some lovely fat buds! Won't be long now, I can't wait to see the pictures of your new iris.

o

Anticipation (s)!!!!

o

You planted them and they will bloom! And it won't be very long. The plants look wonderful.
kay

o

Sorry, I was overcome with Iris crazies this afternoon. Couldn't help myself. But you can all see that the iris are looking very good and healthy this spring. Plus I can already tell that at least some of the new ones will bloom this year which is great news as I planted them all much later than I would have liked.

o

I love your yard/gardens, it reminds me of a park!
Jason

o

Thanks Jason. Nice to see we got you in both the daylily and Iris forums. These are a batch of us that hang out mainly on the daylily forum but then also the iris forum.

o

Yours are way ahead of mine. I hope to see your beatiful bloomers in no time;)

o

Great pictures Rita... I'm in the 'waiting' group myself. I have one that's been blooming, Jewel Baby, and one that just opened today, which I'm trying to identify, but the rest are still 'idol.' I can't wait!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

EM

o

I got a chuckle out of the fact that so many of you were quite willing to look at pictures of nothing but folliage, no blooms. It should be really nice when they do bloom as they are growing so well this spring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here