One newly opened TB iris today.

NIGERIAN RASPBERRY

More Dutch Iris open.

RIO ROJO keeps blooming!

VISITING ROYALTY twins.

Iris Row.

The backyard iris bed.

Tower Square Iris Garden.

It has Columbines in the small mid square.

{{gwi:1024072}}

And AMAZING DON was just amazing today blooming in a clump.

Lovely clump!

Comments (11)

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Amazing Don is my pick for the day. Nigerian Raspberry is very pretty, love the shots of the iris bed. You have several blooming, but lots to come.

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Really like the extended falls on Visiting Royalty!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The falls on VISITING ROYALITY have been sticking out like that in all the blooms this year. Don't know why, it didn't do it in prior years. It looks odd to me. I like them to point down, not out.

The back iris bed looks like it has lots of color already because of those Dutch iris blooming in there. But the TB there have barely begun to open. There is a purple in front that wasn't all the way open this morning so I didn't take a picture. It will probably be open tomorrow.

Iris row is ahead in blooming. Spot Starter should be open by now also.

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Iris Row is so pretty- with the curving grass path and the bricks. Amazing Don is not my cup of tea, but your last photo knocks my socks off.
    Renee

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Scheiners iris in iris row from my first year into iris and they have grown like crazy. I divided them last August and I they have grown so well since then that I can't tell that I even did so. But I really like the effect of that part of the garden. I have the TB iris there for earlier bloom and later I have the daylilies blooming.

I have no more room so I can't make a new gardenbed. But if I could, I would have more TB iris. Love them when they flower! Course I do love my daylilies lots and lots. Oh well, no room for any new beds so no use fretting about it.

• gottagarden
    11 years ago

I think I remember you posting rio rojo last year. I just love those deep rich colors, like the velvet robes of royalty. Nigerian raspberry is a bit bizarre!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

NIGERIAN RASPBERRY is a Kasparek intro from Zebra Gardens. He does broken colors and does have some really odd ones!

• klovesirises
    11 years ago

Rita,
    Thanks for the info on Zebra Gardens. Will have to check the out because I love Nigerian Raspberry. Love all your irises. My fav list is getting so long after looking at your pics!
    Will have to get Amazing Don because of the name as a tribute to my dad & brother & my son's middle name!
    Kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I know that Zebra Gardens is open again this year to ship iris. They were closed for some reason for two years but I was lucky and had ordered mine the year before. I think I ordered 10 or 12 iris and he sent me more than that in bonus iris. So I ended up with lots and lots and lots of his intros. But I have already gotten rid of many that I just didn't care for.

• klovesirises
    11 years ago

Rita,
    I tried to post this earlier, but it wouldn't let me post twice. I was going to tell you that I checked out Zebra Gardens & Nigerian Raspberry pic on their site. I would have never ordered it from their pic. Your pic is so much more amazing! That sold me on it!
    Kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting