hostarookie

Help with ID please

hostarookie
12 years ago

Not sure about these 3... any ideas?

Comments (10)

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

The top iris looks like Local Color. The bottom one might be Joyce Terry. Sorry, can't help you on the middle one!
    Renee

• hostarookie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Renee!

• aquawise
    12 years ago

The White looks like Lacy Snowflake.
    Here is a link to mine!

Here is a link that might be useful: Gallery

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

What I noticed most in your picture of the yellow/white:
    The standards are 'bell' shaped and appear lighter than the hafts and beards.
    The beard color appears solid all the way to the end.
    The hafts appear to extend down the falls beyond the end of the beard.
    Clean white color in the fall with edges as pale as the standards and very little ruffling.

Plenty are ruled out because their beards end with 1/4inch white, their standards are as intense a color as their fall rim or the hafts are not as prominent. Piece of cake. Right? Looked at ~70 and the closest are below. If you want the whole list I'll be happy to post it.

Bottled Sunshine - Nichols'94 (rim varies in width in diff. pics)
    Button Willow - Roe'76 (lousy tiny pic with copyright info obliterating standards but looks very close)
    Charm Bracelet - Schreiner'84 (has the tailored form of yours)
    Gold Ring - Gaulter'77 (jfrizzell's pic at Daves looks so close)
    Tomorrow May Rain - Ernst'95

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

I think the last photo (yellow and white) is Debby Rairdon! An old Dykes medal winner!!

• wieslaw59
    12 years ago

The white is not Lacy Snowflake. It is not lacy enough. The yellow one is neither Joyce Terry(the band on the falls is too narrow), nor Debby Rairdon(too yellow)

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

The Debby Rairdon picture at the HIPS website looks very much like this one. Other pictures on the net vary in quality.

Wieslaw ~~
    Hostarookie is shooting with a Kodak ZD710 and the pictures are more saturated than my Olympus. What camera do you use?

• wieslaw59
    12 years ago

Iris gal, I use Sony Cyber shot. I had Debby Rairdon many years ago, and I remember clearly , that the white on the falls was not pure snow white but rather off-white(kind of grayish or transparent). Always wondered why it got Dykes' medal. There were dozens of such varieties at that time and each one of them had better colour.

• aquawise
    12 years ago

I would say your id Gold ring.

Here is a link that might be useful: pic

• jeanrichter
    12 years ago

To me, the hafts on the unknown look much wider than Gold Ring, and the shade of yellow is more orangey. I would guess it's much later than 1977. No idea what it might be, though.

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area