Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Iris Have Been Beautiful

organic_kitten
13 years ago

This year, I have been awed by how much bloom I have gotten from my iris. They have been so beautiful. I thought I would share a couple of pics with you:

A grouping:

Another group shot:

Blackalicious:

And, one of my favorites

(I count posting just like I count buying..."I'm just getting a couple of new ones".

kay

Comments (9)

• Cindy zone 6a
    13 years ago

Just beautiful, mine are just in bud, it is so great to see yours. Really love them all.
    Cindy

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

Oh Kay, your pictures are just more and more beautiful. Love them all but my favorite is the lilac and purple group shot. Just a great combo of colors. And you have so many blooms!

Your posting finially drove me over the edge and I did already order more iris for the year, see my post on Mid America Iris.

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Kay, your blues and purples are stunning. What is the lighter blue with the white spot by the beard, the one in the foreground of the photo?
    Renee

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

I especially like the 2nd pic. The small amount of very dark purp and med purp with the largest mass being lighter is a wonderful composition. You've tempted me to introduce a very dark purp to my garden.

Is it Blackalicious in both 1st & 2nd pic?

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Kay your iris' are beautiful, the way they blend is just lovely. The second picture is truly stunning with all the blues and shade differences. Love Sultry Mood, just gorgeous!

• Nancy
    13 years ago

I really like that 2nd pic too, I wouldn't have thought to do that, really nice. Blackalicious is the perfect name for that iris, it is beautiful. Sultry Mood is gorgeous too. Not hard to tell I like iris, is it :)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

They sure are gorgeous, but I'm concerned for you (and them) that they seem to be planted so close. Is it, or has it been hard to keep the different cultivars seperated when you go to dig them?

I saw too where you had posted to my thread at Bulbs and admitted to being a Daff addict. I have to ask. Would you want to plan to do any trading of different named daff cultivars later? Maybe I could trade you some named irises for some named daffs I need.

If interested, just drop me an email.

Sue

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for the comments from everyone.

Rita, I too have three new orders. I'n sure it isn't over yet.

The dark purple in the "purple mix" photo is not Blackalicious, it is Night Ruler".

Sue, I have had phenomenal growth this year, and the transplant bed is almost ready for fall. These will be moved to it (and spread out a lot more) this fall. This bed is only 2 years old.

I am still building the daffodil collection. It is my shortest lived obsession, so I probably wouldn't have your wants. yet.

Renee, that lighter blue with the white spot is Victorian falls...didn't I offer you a piece of that this fall?

kay

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Thank Kay, for the ID. Maybe you did, and I forgot. I got it with my Schreiner's order in August, and it has had trouble establishing, but I think it will be doing well by next year. That is, if I can keep myself from digging everything up and copying your blue and purple bed.
    Renee

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022