Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I see more stalks.

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Tue, May 10, 11 at 17:11

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I see lots of stalks. And then there are plants were the stalks are not showing yet, still inside the leaves but you can feel them if you try, that slight bump that means a stalk is trying to immerge.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I see more stalks.

It won't be long now, should be a great show!

o

I have seven of my Rockytop intros from last year planted out in the left side of that front yard were the belgium block mini terraces are. Off to the right on the flat part. That was what fit and was planned as the iris part of my garden there on that side. Five of the seven have stalks. Those are not the only Rockytop intros, but 7 in that area. I think 5 out of 7 blooming is great comsidering how late I planted them. So I really am seeing lots of stalks.

o

Rita,
I can't wait to see them! They look great.
kay

o

It's going to be a big show!
Renee

o

I think my first iris too bloom will be SPOT STARTER. It is showing color in the flower pedals that are starting to show. Ahead of everyone else here. Sounds about right to me. Spot Starter was a bonus iris from Schreiners two years ago and was the first to bloom last year.

o

I thought I might be an iris addict when, for the first time, I went around the garden squeezing the leaves hoping to get any signs of stalks in there! You'll have to post when they are in full bloom!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here