Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Broken Patterns--your favorites!

Posted by kprp 7a (My Page) on
Thu, May 3, 07 at 17:14

I'm a sucker for the broken color patterns.

In my top 5 favorites are 2 of them: Batik and Infernal Fire. They are great iris because they are such strong growers. I dare anyone to name a more flashy iris than Infernal Fire! ha ha

I also love Nigerian Raspberry but it's less reliable as a bloomer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Broken Patterns--your favorites!

Squid Squirt and Oasis Patches are the best formed broken color irises I've seen.

Walter Moores

o

My favorite broken color iris is Gnus flash.
Anja

o

my favorite is spiced tiger. it never disappoints me.

o

Not an iris expert, but I like these two, Bewilderbeast, and baboons bottom! They are both very pretty!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
pictures are not mine just found them on the web, ENjoy!

o

I have Bewildebeast and it looks just like yours! I don't love it butit's ok. Baboon's Bottom looks pretty! Haven't seen that one before.

o

I love Bewilderbeast, but it doesn't do well in my climate. Baboon Bottom is also lovely. but my favorite has to be Minnesota Mixed-up Kid. It is an IB and so cute. A clump in full bloom is like a kids birthday party.

I saw Tiger Honey at Convention last year it was a real Wow! iris. It's on my must get list for next year. Much better in person than in photos.

Mike

o

Anyone have broken pattern irises for trade?
Deb

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here