Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Friday Oddball Iris

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Fri, May 20, 11 at 17:38

These are some of my odder looking Iris. Coffee Song is new last year and although I don't know what ciolor to call it, I think it's very pretty. The others are all from Zebra Gardens. The one I like best of those is QUAIL ALE.

Photobucket

Coffee Song

Photobucket

Tanzanian Tangerine

Photobucket

Tanzanian Tangerine closeup

Photobucket

Orangatan Orange

Photobucket

Quail Ale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Friday Oddball Iris

I like Coffee Song. I have one that was sent to me as Coffee Royale. I've been told it isn't, & it does look like a bit newer iris & a bit different color. It has this same base color. I sure wouldn't drink coffee that looked like this, but it is really pretty in an iris. I love Tanzanian Tangerine. I like the Kasperek iris, they are just fun. Quail Ale is neat too, is that purple in it?

o
RE: Kasperek iris

My first year in iris I bought iris from Schreiners and Zebra Gardens. Well, I think I bought 10, maybe 12 Kasperek iris and he sent me much more than my original order in bonus iris. Some of them were tiny and didn't bloom last year but are or are going too this year. I was careful in choosing what I was sure I would like but then I got all the lots of extras. I don't care for the dotted ones like Tanzanian Tangerine, don't know what that dotted type is called in iris.

Quale Ale does have the small steaks of purple. I remember last year it was darker than it is this year. But a cold spring this year, a hot one last year.

o

They sure do come in some wild colors. I got a wild one by mistake- supposed to be violet. It's lavendar and brown.
Renee

o

Many of them are just not for me. Too odd looking and not very pretty.

o

I was looking at the wrong picture, I thought I was looking at Orangutan Orange :) I was wondering when you were talking about dotted & realized my mistake. I like the broken colors, not sure about Tanzanian Tangerine.

o

Rita,

Coffee Song is a real keeper. What a beautiful color!

kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here