Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iris blossom drying out

Posted by stfowler 6b (My Page) on
Tue, May 6, 14 at 17:55

This is my first year really having any sort of Iris. I moved them from their home around the now filled in pond to the mailbox. They are blooming wonderfully!

Now the problem, the blossoms seem to be drying out. They opened just a few days ago. Well, the morning of our first lovely 102 degree day. They were fine yesterday, but it only got to 94? Now that its 100+ again, I have more doing the same wilting thing. The stalks are all strong and sturdy, the flowers are just dying. Any suggestions on what could be wrong and how I could fix it?

I'm including some pictures in hopes that it will help!

This post was edited by stfowler on Tue, May 6, 14 at 18:17

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iris blossom drying out

And one more picture. If anyone might know what sort of iris variety this is that would be wonderful as well!

o

Whenever we get close to the 100's all my spring bloomers fry as well as the roses. Last week we went from daytime highs of mid 60's to mid 90's and freesias, iris and roses went crispy. Maybe we all could petition Mother Nature.

o

Thanks for replying! I didn't know if the heat was just mean to them or what! I at least had some make it through and the temps should be coming down so I will get to enjoy them for at least a bit longer!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here