Also TRUMPET CALL.

Photobucket
RIO ROJO is a star in my garden.

Photobucket
And here is AMAZING DON again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunday Repeats

Like that Rio Rojo--what a clump. Am not such a fan of the very elaborately ruffled. The equivalent, I suppose, in daylily breeding would be the chicken fat edges (Rita will understand that). Your iris seem to be thriving!

o

Honestly, the iris look extra good this year, not sure why. Funny but while I hate too much chicken fat on my daylilies I just love, love, love all those ruffles in the iris. They don't seem the same to me at all.

o

Wow, Rio Rojo is really is doing well. After seeing that clump, I don't even remember the others, except that I liked them. I don't think Blockbuster bloomed for me this year. I'm going to go out & have a little chat with it tomorrow!
I love the ruffles, but then, I seem to like them all. My main complaint might be when the flowers get too big they flop. I have a few that do that & I don't care for ground flowers. I really don't even think it is the weight of the flower, the stems on these particular ones seem more slender & fragile.

o

It is hard to believe that I dug up that entire row and divided them after bloom last year. They are all back to big clumps. But Rio Rojo has so much impact in my garden. I just love it. Fortunatly the flowers are not flopping here, even the very big ruffely ones.

o

That Rio Rojo is the star! That deep color against the green is heart-stoppingly beautiful. Thank you, Rita, for showing me my favorite iris again this year!
Renee

o

It is funny but the first year RIO ROJO bloomed it was very dissapointing. A blah color and just nothing special. The following year it was fabulous and has been that way ever since.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here