Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Bloomers Sunday

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 12 at 18:16

I have some open today first time this season.

Photobucket
SPIRIT MOUNTAIN. Oh wow, I just went ga-ga when I saw this bloom today. A deep rich violet blue. Big flower too. I got it in 2010 from Scheiners, it bloomed in 2011 but I had a bunch of them in a bad spot. Moved it after bloom and it now is out in front where it can really be seen.

Photobucket
QUAIL ALE out in the front.

Photobucket
QUAIL ALE again.

Photobucket
This lovely thing is way up in the backyard iris garden. PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. I think it is a stunner.

Photobucket
Here it is again. PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.

Photobucket
Another in the backyard big iris bed, JUMPING JACK FLASH.

Photobucket
EVENING DRAMA in iris row.

Photobucket
EVENING DRAMA closeup.

Photobucket
EVENING TIDINGS is out in iris corner.

Photobucket
Iris corner.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Bloomers Sunday

Just wonderful iris today! Spirit Mountain is really a beauty, glad you brought it out where it can be appreciated :) I really like the broken color iris, just so different, but Pursuit of Happiness, whoa, that is gorgeous. Oh well, you guessed by now, I like every one :) Is that rose buds in back of Evening Tiding?

o

Thanks, I thought todays blooms were especially nice myself. Yes, that is a rose in back of EVENING TIDINGS. IT is a really red single rose called HOME RUN.

o

Thanks for the enabling. Pursuit of Happiness now on list. :)

o

Your Evening Tidings is converting me to violet-blue irises. What a beautiful, vivid color. You have the perfect back-drop to show it off, too. Evening Drama really caught my eye too. Love those dark colors!
Renee

o

Renee, I love dark colors and blues in my iris. And I also love contrast so I have many blues, darker ones and two colors contrasting. I like dramatic.

Last year I never did order any new iris. I did move some iris out of the garden permantly but I had to move others from that bad location that wasn't working so I filled up my spots. Now I have no room at all for new ones. Oh well, the ones I have I am very pleased with.

o

Love the Spirit one! They all look great.

o

that saturated deep purple of spirit mountain is purplicious! Love it! And evening drama just looks stunning! You have a wonderful iris collection!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here