Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
honorabile vs. gracchus vs. ??

Posted by elizh z5/6 MA (My Page) on
Fri, May 14, 10 at 18:47

How can you tell Honorabile from Gracchus? is there any other that might get easily confused??

We have an old yellow iris with dark falls which I have tentatively as Honorabile. It has bright yellow, um, standards and bright yellow fuzz (beard? stamens?). It is similar in appearance to ones identified here as Honorabile but not quite as faded on the lower left and right of the falls... hope to post a photo soon as they are just coming into bloom.

We are told our house was built 1840; there were major renovations in the 1910's and iris leaves appear in some photos slightly later.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: honorabile vs. gracchus vs. ??

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Fri, May 14, 10 at 23:38

Though you could have another iris, Honerabile and Gracchus are easy to tell apart just from the color of the falls. Honorabile has maroon colored. Gracchus has purple colored ones.
Remy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here