Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Saturday's Pictures Part 4

newyorkrita
12 years ago

Good LIfe and Penguin Party

Tag hidden on this one will have to look it up in my records. I got it from Schreiners and had it last year.

Fashionably Late

Comments (14)

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

Love the one missing its name. Yummy!

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Like the first picture, they look like they are dancing :)
    Second picture is lovely too, they look good together. Last one has an unusual color, I don't think I've seen that one before.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That second picture is in iris corner out in the front yard. Thick with iris out there LOL!

The first picture, Good Life and Penguin Party, turned into one of those happy accidents as I just planted them in some of my empty spots. Now that they bloomed together like that, I really love them together.

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

I agree- the two together look fantastic!
    Renee

• aliska12000
    12 years ago

Do you know what that one in pic 2, far left, looks like fuschia falls with lighter pink and light apricot is named? Looks like there's the same one on far right behind the purple bud.

I forget what you call the petals that curve upward, standards maybe.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

They look like they are dancing in your first picture. Your second and third pictures feature iris with similar colors, but the unknown one has the blue beards, and I love that effect really well. all in all a lovely group of iris, rita.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, I am deffinately not going to move either Good Life and Penguin Party. I love them together.

Kay- It's not that the iris is a NO ID. They all have tags. I just can't get back there to read them now with all the bloom. I didn't realise this would happen earlier.

aliska- The clumps are close together and flop into each other so yes the two blooms you are referring to are the same iris. Sorry, can't get back there to read the tags. Design flaw LOL!

• aliska12000
    12 years ago

I went to Schreiner's, and it looks exactly like Live Music to me. No design flaw, they should all multiply and hard to get in there without stepping on something. Smart to keep the tag on/with them anyway.

I looked at Schreiner's and Cooley's. My are they expensive! Might get one or two. So far I've used American Meadows and Wild's, but they don't have any more iris that appeal to me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Live Music - Schreiner's Iris Gardens Online Store

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I know it's not live music, I don't have that one.

I did figgure out some of them. That iris featured in the picture you are referring to that I hadn't named is Majestic Ruler. Then the one in back of it with the darker falls is Foreign Legion. Which means those pinks back there have to be ones from Zebra Gardens. Should be KudzKudoo or maybe DoezDoe. They are both planted along in there.

There are lots of places cheaper than Schreiners that have stunning iris. Although I do love Schreiners.

Let me do a new thread with iris souces so everyone can see and add to it.

• aliska12000
    12 years ago

Thanks for correcting me, could have prevented me from getting impulsive and needless expense. I have been known to spend a lot on one or two things, but they don't always turn out what I expected anyway, don't necessarily blame the vendor as a lot of factors influence color and growth. I'll check your new thread.

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

I think Schreiners gives a 50% discount if you order over $80.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

They do give that half off discount plus they add bonus iris. I love to order at Schreiners.

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

I realy like Majestic Ruler with Kudu'Z Kudoz! Enough blue in the pink to harmonize beautifully with the lav-purp. and the size of this Kasperek iris looks comparable to the other TBs. Thanks for the names.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

I course I would like it...that is the color in any flower that just pleases me the most...it is quite pretty! and that is an understatement! I do miss my iris.
    kay

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH