Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Cherry Curls'?

Posted by eroctuse2 z5 SE Michigan (My Page) on
Fri, May 8, 09 at 19:59

Anyone familiar with 'Cherry Curls'? Here's what, what was labeled as CC looks like in my garden:

Photobucket

and here's what they look like on davesgarden.

I can see the resemblance in form, beard, and veining, but they all seem much more purple than mine and I don't have access to the R&Is for the year it was introduced.

I would appreciate any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Cherry Curls'?

Puttytat's photos might be taken on overcast days or late in the day -- I notice color is usually like what my camera shoots when the sun in not on the iris. Expecially with purples/lavs. The red is just not picked up out of the sunlight.

Your new Canon is catching the most accurate iris colors I've yet seen along with a couple other contributors here who have Rebels (MShadow and maybe GMason).

o

I'm used to cameras having a hard time with certain colors, but I'm also used to seeing the tones all over the place from photo to photo when a color is hard to capture.

In this instance all three photos seemed an awful lot alike and it made me question my plant.

I think it may just be right, but I'll still keep an eye on it. The red to it would explain the "cherry" part of the name.

Thank-you for the help.

o

Brock:
Your picture matches mine perfectly.
Rod

o

Thank-you for your confirmation, Rod. I'm going to mark it as properly labeled then, because the other photos were the only reason I had to doubt mine.

o

That is very pretty. thank you for posting it.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here