Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iris ID, not Jesse's Song

Posted by ngraham z6 KY (My Page) on
Thu, May 20, 10 at 20:14

I have this TB iris tagged as Jesse's Song. It seems very familiar, maybe I've seen it a lot here. Or it may be one I have somewhere else in the garden, but definitely blooming at a different time. I should have taken more pictures, this is its last bloom & after today's rain, that is probably shot.

Jesse's Song

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iris ID, not Jesse's Song

I usually check Schreiner's or this site for pictures: http://www.worldiris.com/public_html/level2/Dykes_Menu.html
Jean

o

Ocean Clouds ?

o

I've gone through a few sites with no luck. I don't "think" it is Ocean Clouds, but maybe. That is closer than anything I have found so far. I do have one next to it that hasn't bloomed called Ocean something. Part of the tag faded, but I assume it is Ocean Pacific, since that is on my haves list. I'll keep Ocean Clouds in my notes though & see what it looks like next year.
Thanks!

o

One last guess. Dover Beach.

o

Hum, that name rings a bell. Not on my master list, but I'm pretty sure I have that one. I'll go back over my trades & see if I didn't get it last year. I'm not sure I would have pegged this one as Dover Beach. I'll have to look at it closer next season, but that is a possibility.
Thanks!

o

Elegant Pursuit - Kerr'02

Last idea, promise. (browsing StantonIrisGarden site)

o

Thanks for your efforts! I'm going to put all these names in my notes & next year when it blooms I'll check it out more carefully. I'm really thinking it is Dover Beach, I went back in my notes & I did get Dover Beach. It had been 4 years though & it never showed up so I thought it had died. I didn't think I planted it in this area, but I'm constantly moving stuff then can't remember where I put it.

o

Since I've lied twice let's make it three. Last guess - 'Ruffled Ballet'. It's the name I couldn't dredge out of the old memory bank.

o

Going by the pictures, Ruffled Ballet is closer than any I think. Same yellow/white tipped beard, veining around the beard, same tones. The falls look more like it. The name does not ring a bell as one I've ever gotten. I'm still trying to find my old handwritten list to see if one of these might be on it, but I probably tossed it.
What is probably going to happen, when I get ready to divide it I'll find the tag buried under it after I've fretted so much over what it is :)
Thanks again for helping
Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here