Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
probably mtb iris id please

Posted by ngraham z6 KY (My Page) on
Thu, May 20, 10 at 20:29

For years I've had this iris, I was originally told it was Rhine something, at the time I couldn't understand exactly what she was saying & didn't bother to inquire further. I later looked up & found Rhine Nixe & thought that was correct, height was about correct & looked right. That was before I learned about MTB iris though. Dappled Pony bloomed for me & I realized the flower on Rhine Nixe was about the same size, so I bet this is wrong. Anyone have Rhine Nixe or recognize this one?

MTB

MTB

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: probably mtb iris id please

Are these two from the same plant the same year?

The flower size of some historics is quite small. But the reason it is not Rhine Nixe is the lack of the white fall rim.

So tantalizingly familar. I'll check my files.

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Thu, May 20, 10 at 23:00

I don't know what it is but I love it!
Remy

o

I don't think the pic is from the same actual plant, but the same clump. In the 2nd picture, the beard seems extended more than usual on them. Some years they look a bit different with just a bit of yellow hue on the haft. Maybe the extra rain makes them different. These came from an old house, they had obviously been there for a long time. The house was way off the road & they lined the driveway on one side, & there were more huge beds of them in back. it multiplies like crazy.

It is very pretty when you just look at the flower, but not very impressive in a garden setting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here