Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone have FORETELL siberian iris?

Posted by dani_plus_2 WI 4 (My Page) on
Mon, May 4, 09 at 20:32

I love this thing!!! It's beautiful, but I don't want to buy it if it isn't a good plant. What are your experiences?

THANKS!

Dani

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone have FORETELL siberian iris?

FORETELL McGarvey, Dr. William G. Reg. 1969 Sdlg 68 SIB 40 X 28 Chromosome Cross (32" 81 cm) E-M S. light blue with
styles about same color; F. yellow stitched with blue lines extending from hafts over most of length of F., yellow color
deepens as it approaches haft. Fertile with the 28 chromosome Siberians. /. forrestii clone 2 X (White Swirl x (Gatineau x
Caesar's Brother)). Old Brook Gardens 1970

As you will see above Foretell is a species cross but I find in New Zealand it needs Spring moisture up to and including flowering and the water kept up to it during the entire first season whilst it gets itself established but will tolerate moderate summer drought when established.Grows well

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here