Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iris-had to share

Posted by indymom76 5 (My Page) on
Wed, May 12, 10 at 20:33

Hey all-just wanted to share this beauty. It's from my grandmother's garden. I'm not sure what kind it is but I love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: purple white gold iris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iris-had to share

It may be Bright Hour. Very sharp looking.

Someone here knows how to distinguish Bright House from Wabash! Chemocurl?

o

iris gal-Thanks! From the looks of it, I'd say it looks more like wabash. (Sorry for the lack of proper verbage) The purple peals look more slim like the pic I found on the internet.

o

One of my favorite irises. It's such a stunning flower.
Renee

o

I'm supposed to have Wabash somewhere, but if I do, it has never bloomed. I'm assuming it died. Chemocurl told me this spring that Wabash has a purple cast at the base of the foliage that Bright Hour does not.

o

Did someone call my name?...lol

Anyway, taken from the link below:
The one point of absolute discrimination between these iris is the base color. 'Wabash' is tinged with faint purple at the base of the fans, most visable in the spring, 'Bright Hour' has no purple whatsoever.

Back on March 26th of this year, I checked the clump I had that was labeled as Wabash. There was no purple tinge at the base. In checking yesterday, the base was tinged purple, so I must have the read deal Wabash.

The purple tinged base of Wabash.
Purple tinge at the base of Wabash

and Wabash
Wabash

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Wabash or Bright Hour

o

Chemocurl-Thanks so much! I'll go check first thing tomorrow morning!!

o

The white looks so crisp against the purple - I love how the purple petals are edged in white.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here