Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
true pink Iris??

Posted by queenbee_1 7 (My Page) on
Sat, May 15, 10 at 21:59

I am looking for a true pink TB iris, ruffles or not, that will do well in zone 7 (NC). I have yellows, huge white, blue, lavender and purple, that have been given to me by aunts and friends and I don't know any of their names. I have have them listed by who gave them to me ??? So next yr. I might be posting a lot of NOIDs..

Thank you..for your suggestions..QB

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: true pink Iris??

Do you prefer warm or cool pinks, and do you want it dark or pastel?

My color vocabulary has not grown since I got my first box of 64 Crayolas- so when I say "carnation pink" I'm thinking Crayolas. My Beverly Sills iris is just a little warmer than carnation pink. Sheer Ecstacy looks closest to magenta to me.

Renee

o

Love to see them!

The truest pastel pink I have seen is Alice Goodman. I was at a garden with a friend who wanted a true pink. Alice wasn't grown there but they had Elisa Renee which my friend declared to be the true pink she wanted. This is the pink which is used with lavenders/purps at Monet's garden.

Many many have peach tones. The remaining tend to be blue-pinks which look truer pink to my eyes.

o

Renee,

Have you seen Happenstance in person. It looks baby girl pink on this website. I've ordered one and If I don't like it she can go live in my friends garden who wants all things pink (and shades of pink too).

I'll have to get my hands on some Beverly Sills.

Here is a link that might be useful: HAPPENSTANCE

o

I love these baby girl pink ones, Happenstance, Beverly Sills and Alice Goodman.. These are the colors I am interested in.. Thanks everyone QB

o

alice goodman is very pink

alice goodman 2010

o

They are all so pretty! I love Alice. Happenstance looks like it's going to be a real beauty. Maybe a little cooler than Alice or Beverly Sills.
Renee

o

Anna Belle Babson was prettier in my garden than Beverly.

Her Pinkness has been recommended.

Coming Up Roses also recommended to me.

o

I am Glad you posted this. I love the pinks, and am waiting on Kitty Kay that looks pink on Schreiner's site anyway. I'll have to get Happenstance.
kay

o

Can I just say...

That gardeners are AWESOME people!!!

I received an email from a gardener on this site who offered me some Beverly Sills. How cool is that?!

I'm paying it forward by offering a fellow work gardener some daylilies and montauk daisies.

o

daylilyluver, It is a wonderful world.. Most gardeners I know, love to share some of their goodies.. I know almost all my dear husband's aunts have gifted me w/ starts of all their plants/bulbs! Many/most don't know the names of the plants SO I have a yard full of "Aunt Hallie's" iris, two rose bushes w/ " Aunt Alice" and tons of daylilies from "Grandma"...I have a rose that my dear Father in Law gave to his wife 50yrs ago.. It has the tag "Papa's rose" .. Many times, even if I can find an id for these plants the tag stays... Glad you are sharing... QB

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here