Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tbipp

Siberian Iris and Vase Life

teresa_b
14 years ago

I am back into flower gardening after being away for a number of years. I am creating a cutting garden and was reluctant to add Siberians as their vase life is so short. I had quite a few different varieties about 8-9 years ago and they would only last a day in a vase.

I may have changed my opinion on that as I cut some yesterday from the only clump I have, and they still look great in the vase. One thing done differently as compared to years ago is that I placed the cut iris directly into my homemade cut flower preservative while in the garden. I left it there for a few hours before arranging in a vase with the same formula used instead of plain water.

Sorry to be so long winded; however, I was wondering if you have noticed that some Siberians have a longer vase life than others? Or, is there a listing anywhere that might rate the cut flower quality of various Siberians?

I would appreciate it if you would share with me your personal experiences with Siberians that seem to last the longest in a vase.

Teresa

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery