Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new-old iris

Posted by aseedisapromise z4.5 SD (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 12 at 23:10

I transplanted one of all the kinds of iris I had at my old house (in November!) and they all struggled through the winter, and a couple have buds. They are all small, though. So I won't have much for iris photos this year. The first to bloom here is the iris that were on the property already, which I figured were some kind of historic iris. This is unprecedented earliness for iris here. Usually the IB iris bloom the last week of May, and the TB start off in June. The seller told me they were "yellow and brown" I thought some of each, but the buds that there are all look about the same, like these, although there is one purple looking bud. These are IB, but there are some that look to be taller, but they don't have buds. They aren't in a good position, as they are in a ong row under a bunch of trees and growing aimed at a long pile of rock. Anyway, here is the iris.

YellowEarlyHistorics

YellowHIstoricClose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new-old iris

Nice rocks.
That iris looks prolific!
Renee

o

Flavescens?

o

I looked through all the Hips photos, and really didn't see anything quite like this. This iris is short, like maybe 20 in. at best. I don't know if iris ever don't get as tall when they are in the shade, my experience is that they just don't bloom as much, so I don't know. I did notice the flavescens photo, though. We'll have to see when I get them out into the sun. They do have a lot of buds. I have to look around and see if any of the neighbors have iris that could be these, and see if they have any info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here