Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

The last of the spring irises

hosenemesis
11 years ago

Hi iris buddies,

Here are a few pics of my final bloomers. From this point on, it will be rebloomers.

This is the first flower of Rhinelander. It is very nice, but the color may be a bit too muted and cool for this spot.

New Perspective, a flattie. I love the color, but I was hoping for something that resembled a Japanese iris a bit more.

Frequent Flyer has bloomed. I moved and divided it last year and it has had very little bloom this year.

This is a supposed rebloomer called Winesap. I am not impressed. The dark color makes it difficult to see in the garden.

Maid of Orange bloomed a little bit earlier this year, but is now starting to bloom well.

Coral Chalice and Cajun Rhythm are blooming now as well.

That's all for now!

Renee

Comments (8)

• natalie4b
    11 years ago

Renee, your gardens are so enchanting - I always know it will be a treat before I click on your link.
    Winesap is absolutely gorgeous - that color is a king in my garden.
    Love the color combinations and abundance of healthy blooms - thank you so much for sharing photos - you made my day once again!
    ~Natalie

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Your gardens and color combos are always such a treat. My favorite is the orange one. It just pops!

• aseedisapromise
    11 years ago

I just love the soft beauty of Coral Chalice. So very nice next to Cajun Rhythm. Winesap might look a little better to you when you get more of the daylilies open. Their maroon centers just might make it show up more.

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

I'm with Natalie Renee as soon as I see the name hosenemesis
    I straight away click on the post. Your eye for design and
    color combos along with the foliage contrasts are just out-
    standing! Oh and by the way thank you for taking the time to tell me how to post pics! I finally got it! Thank you!!!!
    Rena'

• sayhellonow
    11 years ago

Hi Renee,

Is Cajun Rhythm the gorgeous iris that is yellow with a red-orange center? If so, you just ID'd one for me.

Thanks so much,

Carolyn

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Carolyn, Cajun Rhythm is the butterscotch colored iris with the white patch on the falls in the last photo, behind the white and peach iris, next to the pink rose.

The solid orange iris with the darker orange beard is Maid of Orange, a border bearded iris. It is short, and has very slender foliage. There are a lot of irises that look just like it. If you can post a photo of yours, we might be able to help you identify it.

Renee

• sayhellonow
    11 years ago

Yes, my iris does have the white patch on the falls, and it looks exactly like your Cajun Rhythm. I wish I could post a photo of mine, but I don't know how - aaargh!

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here are the instructions. It's not difficult, just time-consuming, with too many steps. This is assuming your photos are already on your computer.
    Open a Photobucket account.
    Click on the green upload button.
    Click on the green Select photos and videos button.
    A new window will open on your computer, with your files. Go to your Pictures, and find the photo you want to use. Click on it. Click on Open.
    The photo will begin loading onto Photobucket.
    When it's done, click the blue Save and continue to my album button.
    Move your cursor over the image. Four codes will appear. Go down to the third one, which says HTML code, and click. That will copy it. DO NOT USE THE IMG CODE it doesn't work on Gardenweb! Only the HTML code will work.

Go to Gardenweb and to your forum. Start a post. Put in a subject line in the Subject of Posting box. Write your message, then hit control c for copy. A bunch of computer code will appear, and that is good. Click Preview. Your photo should appear, and you can hit submit.
    Renee

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting