Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
white TB ID

Posted by sherryaustin 9b (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 0:04

Since white iris picks were recently posted, I thought I'd toss out this un-named white iris I got from a friend many years ago. She couldn't remember the name. It had been in her garden for many years by the time she moved in the late 90's. Many of the ones mentioned in the previous white iris inquiry are on my list of possibles. This does NOT rebloom and is probably mid-season and fairly tall..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: white TB ID

and another picture.

o

Reminds me of Lacy Snowflake, but mine is a bit more "lacy" looking at the edges of the falls.

o

Here's a "lacier" picture of it.. but I don't think of it as really frilly...

o

I read all the descriptions and think Lacy Snowflake is a good fit.. Thank-you ngraham!

o

I agree with Lacy Snowflake.

o

Yes, that looks just like my Lacy Snowflake

o

I meant to add, it is tall, mid to midlate blooming & a large flower. I wish one could get more description on size of iris blooms. Iris can look very similar from photos, you can't tell size though.

o

Yes, it's tall, mid-late... I'd been calling it Dorothy's big white all these years after the friend who gave it to me.
You can get an idea of how large it is next to I. pallida ' Varieg.' in this lousy picture. I'd say it's certainly one among my tallest iris...

o

What a beautiful flower ... I would continue to call it " Dorothy's big white " after your friend that gave it to you :)

o

Wow, what a beautiful garden. Those irises are perfect in that spot!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here