Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

Random photos from this week

hosenemesis
12 years ago

No Count Blues, a bonus from Schreiner's two years ago.

Closer:

Another photo of Spin-Off, looking great with coneflowers:

With Maid of Orange and Sea Holly

{{gwi:542859}}

Beverly Sills in full rebloom with Frequent Flyer, Queen's Circle, No Count Blues, and Recurring Dream.

My new bed will have Rip City in the background and Looky Loo in the front. I don't think any more irises will bloom this season- No Count Blues was the last.

Renee

Comments (14)

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

That seems really late for those iris to bloom. Love that spin off! gorgeous!

• Nancy
    12 years ago

No count Blues is wonderful, I love that shading. Great clump shots. Your garden is so beautiful. You are daring, aren't you, with sea holly right by the path :) I have one that reseeded beside a pathway through the garden, it reaches out & & gives me a little poke each time I pass it. I should pull it out, but for some reason I don't.

• marricgardens
    12 years ago

I love No Count Blues. The blue blend is beautiful! I looked at pictures of your garden. It's awesome. Marg

• sierra_z2b
    12 years ago

Your garden is beautiful. Very pretty iris.

Sierra

• mrtoad
    12 years ago

beautiful - a long season for you

your garden - awesome

mr toad

• sunnyjay
    12 years ago

Oh how I wish that my garden looked like yours! Your garden is so amazing looking. I love it. You can tell you put a lot of hard work into it. Love the colour of No Count Blues. Your Maid Of Orange Iris looks to be a lot taller than mine is. The colour of the Sea Holly really stands out. Love that last shot. Looks like a nice place to sit and enjoy the surroundings. I could see myself sitting out there for hours. Beautiful!

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Renee,
    As always your garden is lovely.
    kay

• mikesc
    12 years ago

Love your yard! I would give anything for a longer bloom season for iris here--mine were done by early May here this year. No Count Blues is really nice--everything looks so healthy!

Mike

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks all. The bloom went on and on, since it was cool here all Spring. No Count Blues looks much better this year than it did last year- it was washed out and gray looking. This year it gets less sun, and the overcast weather helped it color up, I guess. The irises should take a break in July and August, then the really tough rebloomers start up all over again.
    Renee

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    12 years ago

would you mind climbing on the roof and giving us an overview???

you give us all these nice tightly cropped pix.. i would like to see a few more general overviews.. i assume i have probably missed them ...

thanks

ken ...

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

Or climb on top of the trellis :-)

Looking at Beverly Sills with the violet/pink rose in the background reminded me of the great peonies in gottagarden's photo. So I thought ah ha. I could move Intrigue rose bush and pretend it's a peony in photos.

Your garden is a lovely work of art.

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No way, Ken. The secret to my gorgeous garden is well-cropped photos and selecting the perfect angle, sometimes from a position that requires advanced yoga, to get a shot that will create the best illusion. It's YOUR garden that can take a wide-angle lens, not mine!
    Renee

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    12 years ago

rotflmbo ....

but on a 500 foot lot ... you will note.. i either have closeups of only a plant ...

or wide vistas ...

you rarely see closeups of beds in general.. or you would all be horrified at the weeds .. lol

been posting a lot of pix in the conifer forum.. totally horrifying.. how many have norway maples growing up thru them ... lol

ken

• gardenofeden777
    12 years ago

Loved this post Renee and of course the photos! lol
    :) Rena'