Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My 1st post w/ pics.!

Posted by gardenofeden777 8a (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 12 at 0:30

I finally found a few minutes to dedicate to figuring out how to post pics! Here goes nothing.Photobucket..
noid Iris w/ Persian Shield (purple foliage)

Photobucket
Cascade Pass Amazing substance on this one, the flower stayed perfect through a storm that destroyed my greenhouse.
I was thinking of putting it out of my gardens until that. The fact that it was there to greet me with a smile through the storm and tears made it a keeper!

And another noid, this was my very 1st bearded Iris given to me by a neighbor years ago. A dwarf it grows to about 12-14" tall in the sun and 8-12" in the shade.
Photobucket

And a few more pics of my garden. But soon to follow will be lots more. My husband actually takes most of the photos so I have to get them from his laptop to mine.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My 1st post w/ pics.!

And a photo of me, I like to have a face with the name so I thought I would give y'all one of me. Taken last December on my 38th birthday.

Rena'
SD531987

o

The iris with the Persian Shield really set each other off nicely. I like the blue beard on the 2nd one. Your garden photos are lovely, so happy you can post photos now!

o

Thank you, me too! I like to put the pots of plants where I think I want them and take pics. Then mull it over for a day or so to make sure that's where I want them before I plant them or else I end up digging them up and moving them. Which I've been doing a lot of lately anyway. lol I drive myself batty I'm already way overboard with how many plants/bulbs need to be planted and then I start digging up already planted plants because
A. wrong placement for size
B. clashing of color
C. not thriving in that spot
D. just because... lol

And the noid in the 1st pic is actually an amazing color every hour it's a different color. It is iridescent and just striking my mother in-law gave that one to me. I just planted it 1 month before it bloomed and the poor thing had been out of the ground probably 3 months! I thought that was amazing. Not very good substance though. The 1st blooms falls got blown off with a slight breeze and became a flatty. It had 3 blooms and they all 3 looked different.
I don't know anything about it but I'm hoping it's at least a rebloomer. We'll see...

Rena'

o

I love the purple iris with the Persian Shield. I'm moving things around this week. What a chore.
Renee

o

I think we all move/change things all the time. It's not a chore so much as what we do. Sorry you lost your greenhouse, Now that's a chore.

o

ngraham Thank you me too!

Renee The heat here is treacherous already.

aseedisapromise Thank you. Yep a serious chore. Get this though 6 huge heavy cinder blocks were thrown into the woods but I had a plastic 3 tiered Coca-Cola shelf that my Mom had given me and it was not moved! Very odd. I am thankful that I didn't have everything destroyed.

Rena'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here