Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathmom

Help with ID of TB iris, please

kathmom
10 years ago

Hoping for help with ID of this lovely light periwinkle/cornflower blue and white TB iris. A good bloomer mid- to late-season, fragrant, fairly rapid growth in zone 5 WA. Thank you!

Comments (7)

• aquawise
    10 years ago

Could be Victoria Falls ! Hard to tell from the pic.

• wieslaw59
    10 years ago

The picture is too "artistic", try from another angle in another light. The form of the flower is older than Victoria Falls, it's more like from Sapphire Hills' era.

• hosenemesis
    10 years ago

Yes, it is hard to tell because the photo is so pretty with the light falling on it that way. Is it blue or lavendar?

• kathmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The hue was a little different from my iPad, it definitely showed more pink/lilac color than what the iris is. Plus taking them at dusk didn't help. Just got back home, and it is done blooming, so no more photos this year. But I found this one from a couple years ago which is much better.
    I did get some Victoria Falls from my mom several years ago, so was wondering about that possibility. Thank you for taking a look at this again!

• wieslaw59
    10 years ago

Blue Sapphire.

• hosenemesis
    10 years ago

It's not Victoria Falls. It is pretty!

• kathmom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for the possible ID. It does look like it could be Blue Sapphire, from the online photos I checked. Appreciate your help!

Sponsored