Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Beautiful Beverly Sills (pics)

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 15, 11 at 2:41

This iris does not fit my garden color scheme one bit, but it is so lovely and floriferous that I have to have it in a place of honor. It bloomed this spring, but not all that well, then this week it rebloomed bonkers. Here are some photos from today, spring, and previous years.

Today.
Photobucket
With Frequent Flyer.
Photobucket
Early Spring, with Marmalade Skies and Julia Child roses:
Photobucket
Portrait
Photobucket
Last year, with Lady Friend:
Photobucket
Portrait:
Photobucket
And today again:
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Beautiful Beverly Sills (pics)

What a lovely clump, it looks so good. I had an opportunity to buy Bev this spring, but passed it up because I have a few pinks already. If I had realized how ruffled & nice this one is, I would have snapped it up. The picture wasn't nearly as nice as yours.

o

I love the form, ngraham, nicely flared with a teeny bit of lace and ruffle. I bought Alice Goodman at the same time and Beverly won the contest. Alice lives at my mom's now. There are rufflier warm pinks, but I doubt any can beat this one's frequency and abundance of bloom.

o

Really, really beautiful! Your garden is one of my favourites on here.
Jason

o

• Posted by chadinlg zone 9%3B Sunset 15 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 16, 11 at 12:30

I like the way you painted your "tuteur", I have the same one and I'm feeling inspired...

Chad

o

Thanks, Jason.
Chad, the tuteur came that color. It's very nice, especially in the fall and winter when there is very little green in the flower garden. I regret not buying more of them, since they are a pain in the patootie to build.

o

Gorgeous gardens! Such nice combinations with your iris.

o

What a show. Mine bloomed pinker this year than I've ever seen it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here