Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginny_mclean_petite_garden

Iris suppliers

Just curious if anyone out there in Canada has ever ordered iris from Irismart and what their expereince was like? They have some cultivars that I have been looking for.

Comments (9)

• sierra_z2b
    12 years ago

I've never heard of Irismart so I binged. It appears to be in the US.

Sierra

• marricgardens
    12 years ago

I just checked them out on Garden Watchdog. Glad I did. They are owned by Liberty House Co. They had one negative report on there, no positive or neutral. I think anyone should read this before ordering from them and then make up their minds about ordering. Marg

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes I also checked them out on Watchdog. Not much to go on. Just thought someone out there might have some experience.

• sierra_z2b
    12 years ago

I meant that I used bing to search. LOL Typos are funny sometimes. I only buy iris from reputable Canadian suppliers.

I bought a few iris locally this spring, but am not ordering any for the fall.

Sierra....who should look for typos before posting.

Original Author
    12 years ago

You're funny Sierra! I have only bought from Canadian suppiers as well. Just thought I may stretch the boundaries and try some US suppliers. Besides, Irismart carries my name sake iris and I'd like to give it a go. Chuck had it a couple years back but said it didn't like the damp year they had. Wouldn't you know it, we are on our second 'damp' year. What's with that? I sent them an email to get a bit more info. Hmmmm? Not much......but I am such an addict you know.The only plant life I have bought this year are my irises and my tomatoes. So busy around here. I'll have to dig up some more lawn as it is......

• sierra_z2b
    12 years ago

Do let us know how your order goes.

I think we have a bit of sun this morning, but it has been raining and stormy for weeks here. I am planning a huge move in the next couple of years, so have quit buying plants. But for some strange reason, I added 14 new iris to my collection this spring. Iris should be able to survive a bit of time in a box right! I am planning on moving them with me. Addicted? can't be. :)

Sierra

Original Author
    12 years ago

My nmae is Ginny and I am an Iris Addict!! You don't wanna know how many I bought this year ......or last year.....or the year before! and I have to sell this house at some point soon and move all of them! And my 240 some odd peonies, 80ish hostas...ect. ect. Technically, I could buy this house and not have to move any of them but I have to tear down the house and rebuild so I may as well just buy a farm! Then I can buy another 1000 or so irises and stay addicted!!! I love it!! :) Did I happen to mention I just love hangin' out with my fellow addicts on GW? LOL

• sierra_z2b
    12 years ago

Haha Ginny, this is great. I am also taking my peonies and a few daylilies. The rest I will have to replace, since we plan to move quite a distance. If I was moving locally, I would have moved my entire garden.

And since it appears we will be in a warmer zone, my vision is to have a climbing rose arch going into the iris garden. As you know we don't have a choice of climbing roses in this low zone. You always want what you can't grow.

I am planning a big order eventually, once we get settled and the garden ready. Chapman is offering a historic iris Blue shimmer this year. This is one I have been looking for....and I am trying really hard not to place an order. You know you can't order just one.:O I keep telling myself no no NO....but I think the devil me is sitting on the other shoulder. eeekkks.

Trails End has some beauties too....I have to stop looking. lol

Sierra

Original Author
    12 years ago

Good luck with that one Sierra! I just got my payment in the mail for my 3rd iris order for this year to Trail's End. Chuck just sent me my total for my order from there.....ohhhh....good thing I sold puppies this year! And I just got an email from Gary at Nola's Iris Garden in the US. Twist my rubber arm! I still have a beautiful black and white sheltie boy puppy looking for a home.....:)

Sponsored