Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ingwe4

Help to ID iris

ingwe4
11 years ago

I bought this iris last year in a nursery. It was without a label. Could you please help me to identify it? Height around 91 cm/36 in., quite large flowers, not so very thick tissue.

Comments (10)

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

It's possible it's Vanity, but it looks like it's a cooler pink. That's a hard one!
    Renee

• red50
    11 years ago

I was looking for a pink iris on the Blue J website today.

There, you can search for pink only.

I thought Carmagnole, Summit Sweetie, Cherub's Smile looked similar to your iris. So many pretty iris, I am having trouble deciding.

I am considering Pink Taffeta, I had a pic of it from another website & it is a lot darker pink than the pic that is on the Blue J website.

Well, good luck with your id.
    Joyce

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Joyce, one of the pinkest pinks is an iris called Ovation. People who hybridize irises use "Ovation Pink" as a standard when they find a particularly pink seeding in their new irises.

I find that some of the pale pink irises are warm, verging on peach.

I like them all, though.

Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: conversation on pink irises

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    11 years ago

Looks alot like Pink Attraction and she is very commonly available. :)

Ginny

• ingwe4
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for your help! We don't have so many different pink irises for sale here in Sweden.
    These TB's are the most common in our nurseries/webshops: Beverly Sills, Cherished, Nel Jape and Vanity. I hoped mine to be Vanity but I think it's more like Cherished. The weather has been quite cold this Spring/Foresummer (just one warm week). Could that affect the colour of the flowers? What do you think?

11 years ago

Beverly Sills and Cherished were the other ones I was thinking but didn't know they would be common, not thinking Sweden, duh.

Yes, weather and soil can impact bloom color and size even. Also the camera used effects the colors as they are posted. Here is a perfect example. This iris is Tennison Ridge. Her maiden bloom, she is 6 years old. Check out the pictures posted online. Big difference.

Ginny

• wieslaw59
    11 years ago

Definitely not Beverly Sills,

• iris_gal
    11 years ago

Honalee is right --- different brands of cameras may affect the color appearance. And colder weather will intensify color on some iris cultivars. Others will not be affected.

But that is not Tennison Ridge according to the registered description. Tennison Ridge has a white ground and weather will not change white to yellow. Sorry you've got a no-id.

11 years ago

Oops, I posted the wrong picture. Silly photobucket. =:/

That particular iris is Rodeo Girl. But I have had many that are affected by the camera and the weather.

Now I wonder what happened to that picture of Tennison Ridge????

Ginny

• red50
    11 years ago

Thanks Renee,

I did look at Ovation & will probably order it. I wanted to keep my order limited to 7 iris, but gee, that is so hard. lol Some that I would like are sold out. I will have to start my order list earlier next year to get those. Right now I have a folder of about 50 iris pictures.

I saw a pic of "Strozzapreti" the other day, it is stunning. I want an orange iris or two, didn't know there are so many different ones available.

Well the search continues...

Joyce

Sponsored