Here Comes The Night

Ink Patterns. I just love this one.

Flame Amber

Jiggles one of my Siberian Iris

And a batch of Dutch Iris

Comments (11)

• madeyna
    12 years ago

Beatiful iris . I have never seen anything like that Amber flame. I think I feel the need for a new iris bed coming on;)

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Rita,
    I really like Amber Flame too. Those dutch iris are gorgeous!
    kay

• Nancy
    12 years ago

I like BAckdraft, such a different color. Here comes the Night is so very dark, just lovely. I have several of the plicatas, but Ink Patterns looks exceptional. Of course, what wonderful color on Flame Amber. Can you tell I can't decide which pic I like best? Your Siberian iris is such a pretty blue, I believe all my Sibs are dark blue or yellow. I didn't even realize til recently there are so many different ones. Of course, a few years ago I hadn't a clue how many iris or daylilies there are out there.
    Can't leave out the Dutch iris either, so pretty!

• aliska12000
    12 years ago

They just keep getting better and better ;-). I love that flame one, too. Also I noticed little things you have interplanted and was wondering if they will get crowded out. What are you going to do when they multiply? They seem very strong and want to take over some of mine.

Are you the one to blame for starting that siberian iris craze a couple years ago? I love your blue one. They were out of the blue I wanted. I didn't tend mine last year like I should but a yellow formed a colony and one lonely Painted Woman, not very pretty but may improve if it multiplies.

I don't like to be envious but it's hard when I see all the pretty settings people have for their gardens. My yard is pretty small, and I don't seem the knack for putting things in the right places where they will complement other plants. And I seem to want to square foot garden with plants that get huge.

There are a couple things out there that make it all worth while though.

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Backdraft and Amber Flame both struck me too. Gorgeous!

Aliska, yes, it was Rita who went crazy for Siberians a while back. You know they are making yellows, pinks, and oranges now? Amazing flowers.

I think Rita is very good at cramming a bajillion plants into a small space. Most of us seem to have the same problem you have: putting big plants too close together. And there's never enough room, is there?
    Renee

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

Here comes the night - what a deep luscious velvety purple!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I do have Siberian Iris and think they are very pretty. Not as dramatic as the TB though. But I can use them and have them planted in the mulched areas of the yard while I need special bed areas for the TB. Plus I really like the folliage. So I like to have both.

I have Dutch Iris interplanted in the new big iris bed out back. I needed something to add extra bloom this spring. In Tower Square garden (were I have the Columbines in back) I had put spring bulbs between the iris clumps.

As Renee said, my yard is not really large. I just have lots going on and many plants. I plant everything closely which means have to divide more often. But I like the way it looks.

Thank you everyone for the compliments on my iris :-)

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Rita, what can I say that hasn't already been said! Except that the iris forum is now on my computers fav bar across the top of my computer...cuz I gotta see Rita's Irises of the day, kinda Eye Candy for me for the day!!!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Why thank you calamity. I don't even have the iris forum on my own favorites bar on my computer, only the daylily forum. I do have it in the regular favorites that you open up though so I can check it regularily.

Iris are really slowing down. Remember out of my about 200 TB about 150 are new ones from last year. So I expect next years show to be better.

• aliska12000
    12 years ago

So it was Rita! I thought so. She's the one to blame lol. I started looking at the new Siberians and had to quit. It's simply the amazing colors they've bred into iris. Seeing all those beautiful iris is like a shot in the arm after last year, reviving my interest.

• sunnyjay
    12 years ago

WOW, WOW and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous as usual!
    Jason

Sponsored