madeyna
14 years ago

Comments (10)

• madeyna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

Looks like someone had a great time visiting Schreiners. Its a place I would love to see for myself during bloom season but as its accross the country, no trips planned soon.

• madeyna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I loved seeing how they used the iris with the other plants .The whole thing together sure makes for a stunning display. For some reason I had never considered interplanting them with other large blooming plants. Or planting them in clusters for a larger impact.

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

Oh, man, I wish I could grow Russell lupines here! What a lovely combination. I mean the girls.
    Renee

• regattagirl
    14 years ago

Oh they are ADORABLE girls. And you can get them at Schreiners?

• madeyna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for the comments on the girls. I think they are pretty wonderful as well . Even though I told Brittany to hide her sucker while I took her picture so you can see it anyway poking out of her cheek. I meant for her to hide it behind her back.They had true deep red peonies there that were every bit as big as the girls heads. That picture didn,t come out so I cann,t even find out what peonie they were. Oh well next year I guess.

• aliska12000
    14 years ago

Oh my, that is so lovely. The girls are adorable. I love the spontaneous but planned look the way they plant there. I'm trying Lupine, it should grow here, but I can't imagine I'd get mine that tall. Sure accents the garden.

• madeyna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have been looking at lupine since I saw it used with the iris there. So far the tallest I have found is the tuttie frutti mix seeds they grow to 36 inchs and are perennial zones 4 threw 7. Shrieners were higher than that .You can see they are taller than both girls. They also had some really tall columbine mixed in there so I bought some seeds for those as well. I am putting in a new iris bed and you cann,t beat those combinations for a huge impact. Hopefully in two years I will be posting pictures of my mature bed.

• gmason
    14 years ago

Not a great shot but here is the poppy you were talking about. It was huge.

• madeyna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thats a stunning poppy but its a red peony that they grow there that I,m trying to find. Do you happen to have a picture of it? They had several, one is on the first bed of flowers that ran vertically across the back of the flower show building ,then another where you walk threw that wooded area before getting to the second display garden.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner